Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by norbury View Post
    I am the only person in the world who seems to read Alicia as Alice-e-ah rather than Al-lee-sha.
    Nah, you're not I've known one of each pronunciation. The older Alicia said her name 'a-liss-e-a' and the younger Alisha prounced it 'al-ee-sha'.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I know 2 separate Cassias one from America the other from Brazil but lives in the states and they both say Cass-ee-uh so to me at is a correct pronunciation. We considers that name in the past with that same pronunciation.

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

Cassia does have two accepted pronunciations, cash-uh and cas-see-uh so you can choose which pronunciation you like best I know I've done this before and it is embarrassing, it's also hard when there are two accepted pronunciations of a name and you're not sure which one the person goes by.... I used to substitute teach and I hated role call because of this. There were a lot of kids named Jorge and Louis. Some of them said hor-hey and others pronounced it like george, while Louis's wen by loo-eez a and others loo-iss soo confusing....
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    Nah, you're not I've known one of each pronunciation. The older Alicia said her name 'a-liss-e-a' and the younger Alisha prounced it 'al-ee-sha'.
    Ah ha! Thank you for that!

The name I mis pronounced was Aurelia. I thought it was Aura-leah... Kinda like how it spelled not Aur-relia.