Names Searched Right Now:
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    In elementary school, I came across the name Sean and thought it was pronounced like seen until I had a fellow classmate with the name.
    Other than that, Imogen is the one that I have trouble with. I prefer to say it like Eye-mo-gen, but I believe the correct pronunciation is more like Em-oh-gen.
    Annie, mid-twenties, vegetarian, name lover. No kids yet, just two furbabies - Roxy & Layla.
    Top favorites for a girl: Beatrice Lily, Charlotte Amelia, Clara Louisa, Eliza Ruby, Josephine Alice, Katherine Annabel, Lillian Audrey, Margaret Helena, Matilda Iris, Philippa Violet
    Top favorites for a boy: Adrian Silas, Alexander Gray, Emmett Oliver, Jasper Milo, Julian Edward, Lucian Henry, Nathaniel August, Samuel Owen, Rowan Felix, Theodore August

Quote Originally Posted by annie85 View Post
    Other than that, Imogen is the one that I have trouble with. I prefer to say it like Eye-mo-gen, but I believe the correct pronunciation is more like Em-oh-gen.
    It's pretty much say what you see: 'im-oh-jen' but if you're in a rush, it usually comes out like 'im-uh-jen'.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    It's Welsh...

You're right, i was tired when I posted. My Scottish names theme expanded to include Welsh and Irish and i didn't differentiate

Quote Originally Posted by kibby View Post
    The only Cassia I know pronounces her name Cass-see-ah????? I didn't know it could be said another way haha, I know Acacia is pronounced close to what you are saying, like Ah-kash-ah or something very similar, I always thought it was said differently also.
    I haven't read the whole thread, sorry if it's been mentioned. Acacia is uh-kay-shuh. There is a fraternity with that name and I know someone named Cacia, pronounced like Acacia without the A at the beginning.

The name I thought of for this is Carys. I thought it was pronounced cuh-REESE and I loved it. Then I found out it was care-iss. Not as pretty IMO :-(
    Top 10 girl's names: Serena * Audrey * Sienna * Bridget * Lucy * Hazel * Cordelia * Josephine * Claire * Alice
    Top 10 boy's names: Elliott * Callum * Theodore * Emmett * Nolan * Ian * Blake * Brennan * Adrian * Everett

I would say the same as the Berry who began the thread... Cassius without the Cash! As far as i knew, it was just the sane as Cassidy or Cassie.

As a child, i had a Cabbage Patch named Lavinia-- the first time I ever heard it, I prn it Lav-een-a not La-vin-i-ya. I like both prns now!

Marcia= Mar-see-a not Marsha; Cyril= Sir-ill not See-ril or Sigh-ril... And last but not least, I used to think Diana was prn Dinah lol
    O Lord, our Lord,
    how excellent is thy NAME in all the earth!
    who hast set thy glory above the heavens ~
    Psalm 8:1

"Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful.. enter thou into the joy of thy Lord." Matt 25:23.. We will miss you dearly, Rollo

Nadia Clarice, Adelaide Susanne
    Gabriel Patrick, Corbin Tobiah