Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    I believe actress Alicia Silverstone pronounces her name a-liss-e-a. I believe her family is British.

Quote Originally Posted by uselesskitty View Post
    I always thought the name Cassia was pronounced Kass-ee-uh and I fell in love with. Then I found out that it is pronounced Kash-uh and I was soooo disappointed!

Please share your stories!
    Mind blown!! I was with you, plus i think the "Kass-ee-uh" sounds is acceptable and much nicer

Quote Originally Posted by norbury View Post
    I am the only person in the world who seems to read Alicia as Alice-e-ah rather than Al-lee-sha. I prefer my pronunciation! Also my American husband and I (British) clash over Loo-shun vs Loose-e-ahn.
    I once met Alicia who pronounced her name uh-lish-ah - she said her dad made it up.
    Henry John, Charles Wesley
    Eleanor June, Clara Sparling

Quote Originally Posted by zoey_walker53 View Post
    And my SO loved the pronunciation of "MEE-cah" from Paranormal Activity. When he found out it was actually "MY-cah", he still liked it, just not as much.
    I know a Mieke - her family is Dutch.

Also just realized I've been pronouncing Thalia right (yay!), but how do you pronounce Blythe? I think it sounds gorgeous with the long ythe sound at the end (as if it rhymes with the alive) but I've heard it pronounced as rhyming it with strife which does not seem half as elegant.
    Henry John, Charles Wesley
    Eleanor June, Clara Sparling

I really liked Maeve when I thought it was pronounced May-eve, but the name lost appeal to me when I found out the correct way to say it was Mayve. I''m just not generally a fan of one syllable names (except for a few exceptions, like Eve). I do think Maeva is kind of pretty though.