Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on unconventional spelling of sara - "Cera"

I absolutely LOVE the name Cera however I have never cared for the traditional spelling - Sara. What is your opinion of the unconventional spelling with respect to the impacts on childhood and adulthood? (mn will be "Lydian")

Honestly, I just think of that actor Michael Cera. I pronounce that name completely different from Sara/Sarah. More like "serr-ah" vs. "sair-uh." I don't think there's anything wrong with using Cera as a first name, if you like it. Cera Lydian is pretty cool and relatively unusual.
    Adam
    Married to Billy, daddy to Noah (8) and Sophia (4).
    Hoping and praying for baby #3 within the next year:
    Boy: Jude Thomas
    Girl: Eliza Jane or Ramona Jane...maybe.

Help us decide?
    Find me on twitter.

I think spelling it Cera will be a massive PITA for your baby. My name is pretty common (especially for people around my age), spelled the normal way and people still mess it up or mishear it on a regular basis. That will be every time for little Cera, since no one would instinctively think that's how it was spelled.
    cassia | vivian | flora
    peregrine | jolyon | arthur

I really don't like it. No one will know how to spell it. It looks like a mix of Sara and Sierra to me. I much prefer Sara.
    Stepmom to Noah Isaac, 7, Emma-Sarah Kathryn, 5, and Ruby Adeline, 4, with first baby due July 2013
    Girls: Aurora, Felicity, Matilda, Daphne, Phoebe, Juliet, Georgia
    Boys: Conan Rhys, Ezra, Dashiell, Callum, Orson, Thayer

My best friend when I was a kid was a Cera. I don't remember if she ever got teased for it; I don't think she did, but I do remember our teachers could never get it right. She would get "Ciara" or "Kiara" or "Seera" a lot. She constantly had to correct people. I think she did always like the fact that it was unique though, because she was a very unique person herself.