Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Cool Preppy/Girly/Adorable Names!

Hi. I am searching for a preppy name for our daughter that is "all girl." I would like a name that is NOT in the top 100, NOT not grandma chic (I don't get the appeal), but very classy and she can grow with it in time. We like longer names, but we will consider any name that is 2+ syllables since we have a 1 syllable surname. Any Ideas?

An example of a name I am considering:
    Arabella

But I am not in love with it, and my husband really doesn't care for it.

Is there anything else out there that makes you think "Adorable, Lovely, & Preppy" that is not overdone? We are stumped at this point. I am ready to give up and just name her the overdone Sophia.

I like Arabella.

Other ideas:
    Mirabel (which I think looks a bit cleaner-lined than Mirabella, but that's a valid option too...)
    Leora/Liora
    Livia
    Tallulah
    Quintana
    Laurel
    Isadora
    Jessamy
    Betony
    Viviana

Hmmmm, what about:

Eliza (too grandma?)
    Gwendolyn "Gwen"
    Gabrielle
    Natalia
    Delaney
    Lucia
    Ivy
    Fiona
    Gia
    Gracie ~ Teen Berry ~ Not Expecting, Just Planning

"Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico, Gianfranco, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa, Valerio
    Katarina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Romana, Alba, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirellina, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Cordelia, Leona/Leonie

So far the names we like the most are Fiona & Penelope... but both we don't love. Fiona is ruined by the movie Shrek and Penelope reminds me of a pig. This cutesy style seems to be our type however...