Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Barbara

Barbara

Wdyt of the name Barbara? I would use this name in honor of my mom, Barbara Jean. However, I find it to be a little dated, and I have met only one young Barbara (she is now in her mid twenties).

Wdyt of the combo Guinevere Barbara? Any combos you can think of that could honor a Barbara Jean?

I think Guinevere Barbara is nice. I would stick with it as a middle name, especially if you find it to be dated (and I do too). You could use Jean is a middle name to honor her as well (or even your mother's maiden name).

It's one of the names that I'd like to see being used again. Guinevere Barbara isn't my style, but I think it's okay.

I do think that Barbara sounds dated right now, but I think it would be super-cute on a little girl. I think the name will be revived at some point soon. Guinevere Barbara is beautiful.
    Hopeless romantic and proud momma of two princesses:
    Isabella Jane & Vanessa Rose

While it IS dated, I do think that it has to potential to be just as quirky / cute as any other vintage type name thats popular right now, especially if you came up with a more updated nickname than Barb.

That being said, I think Guinevere Barbara is lovely and Barbara DOES have a really cool history and origins, so I think that helps me like it quite a bit more than I thought I would.

Other options:

Jessamine Barbara
    Xanthe Barbara
    Rhiannon Barbara
    Vivienne Barbara