Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I don't really care about the starting initial, although I don't like girls names that start with L or C. I like girls names that start with M, but I don't like most of the nicknames that come from those. I like a lot of T names for girls...Tallulah, Talitha, Tansy. But I think actually what's more important to me is the letters INSIDE the name...I like names with an L in the middle (I read in an article here that having an L in the middle is "elegant"...I don't know if that's why I like it or not, but most of my favorite names do have an L in the middle), and I's are pretty nice too.

For boys there doesn't really seem to be any letter fascinations. I do tend to stay away from J names...only because my husband, sister-in-law, and father-in-law are J's and I really don't want us to start having a J thing.

So I guess in general, it's not so much letters that I'm obsesses with, but letters that I tend to stay away from. To me, the visual balance of a name is important (look, for instance, at Briony and Bryony...obviously Briony is better, even though it's not the traditional spelling--and I'm generally a traditionalist!)
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.

When I was little, I hated "B" names. I don't know why. I just didn't like them. Bernice, Barbara, Bertha, Bessie, Barry, and other stuffy names kind of turned me off.
    Now Briallen, Briar, Benedict, Bennet, and Belle are all on my top lists for first and middle names. I have a character name Briony. I like Blair (with Liv as her twin sister. I don't know. They just go together) Bartholomew is growing on me. Benji, Beck, Bethwyn and Bernadette are also some more that I like. I even went through phase where I liked the name Bethlehem.

I also went through a phase a few years ago where every character was an A name- Angelica, Aloysia "Ally" Alexis, Anna, Astrea, Aurelia.
    I believe I had a brief C phase, too- Christina, Cassandra, Christabelle, Calista...Clara
    Teenage Name Geek & Author
    Novel Faves:
    Beauty is Blind:Aurelia Dawn, Briony Sage & Calista Rose; Damien Lysander
    Twice Upon a Time: Contenza "Connie" & Jensina "Jennie"
    Reality:
    GIRLS: Antonia Jude "Annie" Rosalind Briar "Lindy" Felicity Snow, Tabitha Belle, Briallen
    BOYS: Gabriel Kai, Sebastian Lawrence, Benedict Jotham, Lionel James, Nathaniel
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9792647

I've always loved A names: Alexander, Ashlynn, Amber, Alysa, , Amanda, Andrew, Anthony, luckily my husband also loves A names

A for boys, Augustus, Arthur, Aubrey. E for girls, Edith, Eliza and Eleanor are my current favourites.
    Mum to Theodore Henry and Augustus Jack

Currently I like E names

Elijah
    Ezekiel

Elora
    Eve
    Evangeline
    Evania
    Mom to:
    Autumn Elizabeth
    Patrick Alexander
    Nicholas Ivan