Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eloise

40 44.44%
  • Stella

50 55.56%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    2gdschildren - yeah, I think Stella is a slightly better match for Violet too. I think it brings out the spunk in both names even more. Castles - Thanks! I love that combo. Niteowl12 - I like Estella but it's just not for me. Really like the short and sweet Stella, but good suggestion. Dova - I see what you mean, some names I also like but has such a strong association to things that I can't use it...like Delilah and Lola. But with Stella I just hear the name and not really worried about some teasing she might get. . Eloise is so pretty and old fashioned, has nice flow as well as the great nn Elle. Hard decision!
    Me + hubby = One prince and two little princesses <3 <3 <3. So in love with our family and our new little pink bundle!!

I agree with other Berries regarding Stella. I think Stella goes better with Violet. I also think that you could still use the nickname El/Ella with Stella. IMO the nickname El/Ella or even Ellie is not too much of a stretch. My niece is named Malia and we call her Lili as a nickname.

Violet & Stella sound great together!
    Henry William 12.29.2010
    Beatrice Violet 04.11.2013
    Furbabies:
    Oscar, Oliver, Stella & Matilda

Current Favourites:
    Alice, Beatrice, Harriet, Louisa, Olive, Penelope
    Arthur, George, Harry, Samson, Theodore, Victor

Thanks for the votes and comments! About 10 weeks to go and these two are still my favorites. Actually leaning more towards Eloise but Stella is so great too!
    Me + hubby = One prince and two little princesses <3 <3 <3. So in love with our family and our new little pink bundle!!

I love both! I would have Stella on my list but it sounds horrible with DH's last name. I like the Tennessee Williams association for Stella, it gives it a sense of history, like Daisy & the Gatsby association. However, there are vastly more nicknames with Eloise (which is why it's on my list, my great grandmother was Lulu)
    Latest list:

Girl: Lulu, Charlie, Fleur, France, Holiday
    Boy: Lennox (Lex), Hugo

Expecting my first.