Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

alternatives to Theodore?? looking for name husband will like, as well!

My husband and I found out our second baby is a little boy and are super excited about giving our daughter Imogen a little brother! Trouble is, we had a ton of girl names picked out but have never been able to agree on boy names. We've ruled out Samuel (husband's choice) and Beckett (my choice) for sure and right now Theodore nn Theo is looking like the front-runner--it's the one boy name I have always LOVED but my husband is not a fan at all. I think he is coming around to the name and would agree to it if we can't come up with anything else, but I really want to explore some other options to see if 1) there is a name out there we can agree on and 2) something that I will fall in love with as much as I have Theodore. My next choice after Theodore would be August nn Gus but my husband HATES it and would never agree to it. Problem is, apart from Samuel, I can't really get a feel for what boy names he likes! He was very into both Elias and Virgil at one point but has lost the love for them both (and I didn't like either).

As far as middle names go, my husband wants to use Valentine (a family name on his side) and I want to use Arthur (a family name on both sides of the family). Any opinions there would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much in advance for any ideas you can give!
    Last edited by handsonthewheel; January 19th, 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Ooh, a brother for Imogen! Are you guys Samuel Beckett fans by any chance, or were those two choices purely coincidental? If you are fans I think Molloy or Malone would be cute with Imogen.

Theodore is lovely, and August is handsome, but if husband isn't fully on board I agree that you should try and find something new.
    I definitely prefer Arthur in the middle spot (or as a first name). Valentine is awfully frilly.

Alfred
    Aurelian
    Christopher
    Clement
    Darius
    Edmund
    Felix
    Julian
    Lawrence
    Leander
    Leopold
    Rafferty
    Samson
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

You could try going for Theon. It's still a classic name with the nickname Theo and he might like it more.

Otherwise, maybe:

William
    Joseph
    Henry
    Benjamin
    Nathaniel
    Oliver
    Geoffrey
    Simon
    Lewis

I would also suggest that you could use Arthur as a first name and Valentine as the middle. Arthur is a cool and classic name with kingly ties and family significance to both of you. It has a similar feel to Theodore. Imogen and Arthur sound great together and Arthur Valentine is just a very nice mix of classic and spunky.

If that won't work, why don't you use both and do 2 middles?
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Well now that Samuel Beckett is off the table...

Firstly: Arthur is beautiful and strong, but I would just DIE if my husband wanted to use Valentine for a boy. I might not go through with it in the end, but I'd fall over with pleasure. Any interest in Valentin? ("teen")
    Secondly: Imogen rocks.
    Elias, Virgil, Arthur, Valentin, August(ine), Theodore, Samuel, Imogen - all saints. How about:

Feodor
    Barnabas
    Basil
    Lucian
    Quentin
    Emeric
    Ephraem
    Otto
    Caspar
    Ambrose
    Spyridon (thought I'd throw a wild one in there)

Arthur Valentine is a great combo, why not use that? Then you both get to use the family name that you want to use. Otherwise Maxwell seems like it may be a name you both may like.