Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Eva or Evelina??

Hello berries, having trouble deciding between Eva or Evelina. There are things I like about both of them. I am going to be using nn Evie either way. So which way would you go?

Btw I already have a son named Isaac, nn Ike

I think Evelina may be too frilly to pair with Isaac nn Ike. Isaac and Eva sound perfect together, and so does Ike and Evie!
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

I like longer, frillier names so I would choose Evelina. I've used Evelina for a story before, NN Eva to distinguish her from her mother, also named Evelina, whom she was named after. You can definitely use both Evie and Eva as NNs. This allows you to use both the names you love instead of just one.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I much prefer Eva, it's a simple yet beautiful name. Evelina is too frilly for my tastes, especially with Isaac.
    Favourites at the moment ♥

Leah, Scarlett, Sophie, Claire, Vivian, Madeleine, Evangeline, Selena, Gillian, Nina, Mila, Heidi, Isla, Hazel, Annabelle, Lydia, Celia, Violet, Genevieve
    Elias, Eli, Dominic, Thatcher, Graham, Noel, Nolan, Chase, Mattias, Dean, Cole, Blake, Daniel, Ash, Rhys, Julian, Callum, Kieran, Aidan, Ronan

I, too, much prefer Eva. It's gorgeous as is. Adding to it detracts from it, imo. Evelina would have spelling and pronunciation problems. I can see it being misspelled as Evalina, Evalena, Evaleena, etc. The pronunciation mix-ups could include "Eh-va-lai-na" vs. "Eh-va-lee-na" vs. "Ee-va-lee-na," etc.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)