Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    I love cooking (and I'm very good at it), and I've got a lot of recipes children love. Obviously they're not Roo approved yet, but I've got a horde of nephews and godchildren who stay at our house quite regularly (usually weekly sleepovers with goddaughter Ava). I have a whole long list, but I'll start with some classic stuff:

TIP:
    About half an hour or so before lunch/tea slice up some fruit (bananas and apples) and squeeze lemon juice over it. Apples & bananas increase appetite, and the lemon juice makes them zesty and delicious, and stops them from turning brown.

Super Easy Dishes:
    Soft boiled eggs and toast soldiers with butter and Marmite/Vegemite (I use Natex reduced salt for the children).
    Mushrooms on toast (fry them in butter, not oil as it makes them look tastier, and sprinkle them with finely chopped flat leaf parsley)

Spaghetti with Marmite:
    375 g spaghetti
    50 g unsalted butter
    1 tsp marmite/vegemite/natex

Boil spaghetti as usual. In a little pan melt the butter, add the marmite and 1 tbsp of boiling pasta water. Before you drain the pasta, pour some into a cup in case you need to dilute the "sauce" a little. Pour the mixture over the spaghetti, add parmesan if you want, and voila!

Pancakes:
    2 eggs
    100 g plain flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    150 ml milk of your choosing (I use soy, but almond or dairy is fine too, except for skimmed milk)

Beat the eggs, add the sieved flour and baking powder and milk alternately. Mix until smooth. Cover and let it rest for half and hour or more. Fry them in butter, it should make 10-12 pancakes depending on your frying pan. Fill them with ham and cheese, vegetables, or whatever strikes your fancy. If you want them sweet add half a tsp vanilla extract and 1 tbsp sugar/agave syrup with the eggs.

Toad in the hole:
    Sausages and pancake batter. Fry the sausages, put them in a baking dish, pour pancake batter (see above) over and put them in the over (200 degrees c) for about 30-35 minutes.

Super easy vegetable sauce (Annabel Karmel):
    1 tbsp light olive oil
    1 onion, chopped
    75g carrot, chopped
    1/2 stick celery, chopped
    50g courgette, chopped
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    1 tbsp tomato puree
    400g passata
    100 ml vegetable stock

In a pan, heat the oil and add onion, celery and carrot. Leave in for 5 min, stirring occasionally. Add courgette, wait 5 more minutes, then add the garlic. After one minute, add the passata, tomato paste and stock. Cover and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Puree with handheld blender (or out it in a blender, but the handheld one makes it really smooth). This is brilliant as a dip or as a base for a pasta sauce.

Courgette Bread:
    60 g pecans (if you like pecans, it's delicious without as well)
    180 g golden caster sugar (super fine)
    185 ml light olive oil (I guess you can use vegetable oil as well)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    3 eggs
    180 g plain flour
    1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
    1/2 tsp cinnamon (sometimes I use a whole if I'm in a very cinnamony mood)
    Pinch of nutmeg
    160 g courgettes/zucchini (grated quite coarsely)
    2 tsp finely grated lemon zest

Preheat oven to 180 degrees c. Butter and flour a loaf tin (12 x 4 inches). Put your pecans on a baking tray and toast them in the oven until they're lightly toasted, not burnt.
    Best the sugar, oil and vanilla until smooth, then add the eggs one at a time. Beat until it's thick and fluffy.Sift in flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add a pinch of salt, the courgettes, some black pepper and the lemon zest, and fold it in nicely. Chop the pecans to your liking and fold them in. Put the batter in the tin, and leave in the oven for about an hour, depending on your oven.

I'll add more later, if you want more stuff.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Thx for the recipes!!
    Psalm 23