Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lcmpdx View Post
    Better Chicken Nuggets - Mom and Dads enjoy, too!

1 lb (more or less depending on how many you are feeding) chicken tenders or chicken breast, cut into bite sized chunks
    1/4 cup Olive oil - in a medium sized mixing bowl
    1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs - in a medium sized bowl or spread on a plate
    2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese - or more if you like
    Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Mix the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese in a medium bowl or on a plate suitable for dredging the chicken.
    After cutting up the chicken into "nugget" sized pieces, place chicken into the bowl with olive oil to coat.
    Roll the chicken a a few pieces at a time in the breadcrumb mizture to coat. (You could also put the breadcrumb mixture in a big ziplock bag, place the chicken in and then shake it to coat
    Place coated chicken on a baking sheet in a single layer.
    Bake at 350 degrees for about 5-7 minutes. Turn chicken over and bake for another 5-8 minutes, until golden brown and cripsy.

Serve with celery sticks, carrots and ranch, or ketchup or BBQ sauce.
    This sounds delicious!
    Psalm 23

I am not a parent either, but I cook regularly at home. My Dad has recently started detesting spaghetti, it's just one of those meals that's easy and affordable, but often the processed spaghetti sauce is incredibly fatty. So I started making my own

Ingredients:
    1 can of crushed tomatoes
    1 small tub of tomato paste
    1 white onion
    1 carrot
    2 garlic cloves
    Chevapchichi (non-spicy) - I don't know if you have these in the US or the UK.

Steps:

1. Cut and roll the Chevapchichi into balls.
    2. Add some vegetable oil to a pan and add the Chevapchichi balls, the crushed tomatoes and the tomato paste.
    3. Continue to simmer.
    4. Cut up one white onion and add that to the pan.
    5. Followed by one carrot.
    6. Begin boiling your pasta on the stove.
    7. Add garlic to pasta sauce.
    8. Take the pasta of heat and remove the excess liquid.
    9. Combine the pasta sauce and the pasta.
    10. Add a dash of salt and pepper - and enjoy!

The upside is spaghetti is one of those meals you can add anything to and kids can't often see it. But this version tastes so much fresher then the store bought one. Plus kids love meatballs and these are quick and easy!

I can add my cheesecake ice-cream cake or cream of tomato soup recipes if anyone is interested?

Jessica Emily Faith
    German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Esther- Wade - Romy - Carter

I googled it and it seems like Chevapchichi is a spicy sausage? Is that right?
    ~ Mommy to Callum Rhys and Jack William ~

Girls: Eleanor, Ruby, Louisa, Jane, Sylvie, Alice, Iris
    Boys: Edmund, Leland, Rowan, Beckett, Miles, Samuel

My kids haven't been picky so they have typically just eaten whatever me and my husband are eating. My kids are all under 5 so my experience is limited, but they seem to particularly enjoy anything that includes a sensory experience. They love long noodles, assembling pizzas, and anything that involves dipping and dunking.

Some of our kids' favorite meals are:

Taco Soup (Allrecipes.com "Slow Cooker Taco Soup" is a easy, standard form but is easy to adjust).

Shish kabobs (Allrecipes.com "Beef Marinade I" is great for any meat, mushrooms, zucchini/yellow squash, cherry tomatoes, onions, whatever)

Chickpea Curry - Costco sells little pouches that you just drop in boiling water for 5 min. I keep these on hand for when I make Indian food that is too spicy for my kids to eat.

For lunch I keep things really, really simple. A dietitian friend of mine swears that kids behave better if they have eaten a fruit and a protein (she despises the goldfish/pretzel/graham cracker diet) so that is what I almost always do for lunch.

Example:

Strawberries and Cheese Cubes

Sliced apples with a peanut butter sandwich

Grapes (if you freeze them they are mini slushies) and turkey cubes

Chips to dip with salsa or bean dip

You get the idea.
    Mom to Henry, Mollie, Gideon, and expecting Clark Ebenezer in November.

Quote Originally Posted by lcmpdx View Post
    I googled it and it seems like Chevapchichi is a spicy sausage? Is that right?
    Kind of, they can be hot, but also are available in mild - which are great for kids. They are a great alternate to plain old sausages as well, they have a much better flavor.

Here's a recipe for it, I found online:

Chevapchichi Recipe

Ingredients:
    1 kilogram ground meat
    4 Garlic cloves; finally chopped
    1 ts salt
    1 ts baking soda
    2 ts freshly ground black pepper
    1 ts cayenne pepper; or more seasoned pepper and garlic pepper
    1 egg white; beaten

Instructions:
    Combine all ingredients; blend well. Form into finger shaped sausages about 3/4" thick and 4" long.
    Cook slowly until well browned on a charcoal grill.
    Turn sausages often.
    Sausages should be brown on the outside. According to tradition, these sausages are served on a bed of chopped onions, with tiny hot pebbers, mixed vegetabl

Jessica Emily Faith
    German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Esther- Wade - Romy - Carter