Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I am not a mother either but this was a huge hit in our house growing up, it's kind of like a healthier version of nachos. To make it slightly healthier you can use ground turkey instead of ground beef.

Nacho Beef Dinner

1 Cup rice
    ½ Lb ground beef
    1 Cup corn
    1 Chopped tomato
    1 Cup shredded cheese
    Sour cream
    2 Cups water
    1 Cup canned black beans (drained/rinsed)
    Tortilla chips

In large skillet, sauté rice with ground beef until beef is browned. Stir in water, corn, beans, and seasonings. Bring to boil. Reduce Heat to low. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in tomato. Sprinkle with cheese and top with sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips. Serves 4.
    “We meet no ordinary people in our lives.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

Thanks purpleprimrose sounds great we'll have to try it!

I'm a picky eater and a teenager, here are some things my family enjoy. I like home-cooked meals best. These are not specific 'recipies' just more like ideas.

-Soup. I love homemade soup. My dad will make a big pot of it, and it will last my family of 4 about a week. We enjoy chicken or turkey most, but my other favorite is beef vegetable, which also includes barley. The vegetables used for both soups are chosen by you, but I reccomend potato, carrots, and turnip. Onion adds flavor to everything.

-Salad. I like salad, so does my mom, not my father and sister. I have been fed vegetables from a young age so now I enjoy them. I don't like salad dressing, so I make my own. (recipe included) I like to have meat in my salad as well, chicken is my favorite. I use lettuce, (any kind), carrots chopped, celery chopped, cherry tomatoes, and broccoli. For the salad dressing, for a small salad:
    - soya sauce, about 3 teaspoons full.
    -vinegar, about 2 teaspoons full.
    -a little bit of pepper ( as in salt and pepper)
    It's a not too healthy, but you're already eating salad soooo... Haha

-BBQ. I love BBQ, my family and I live off it in the summer season. I like barbecued wieners, with microwaved/baked potato, (you could add butter, though I don't) and steak on the BBQ. You can add a side of vegetables such as broccoli, colliflower, celery and or carrots. Serve with cold water or lemonade is best!
    Shealah
    Teenberry, name loving girl.
    xo

Favorites:
    Lucy, Madeline, Caroline, Kylie, Bryn, Audrey/Aubrey, & Sierra
    Eli, Caden, Camden, Riley and Caleb

Guilty Pleasures:
    Clementine & Tiara

Better Chicken Nuggets - Mom and Dads enjoy, too!

1 lb (more or less depending on how many you are feeding) chicken tenders or chicken breast, cut into bite sized chunks
    1/4 cup Olive oil - in a medium sized mixing bowl
    1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs - in a medium sized bowl or spread on a plate
    2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese - or more if you like
    Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Mix the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese in a medium bowl or on a plate suitable for dredging the chicken.
    After cutting up the chicken into "nugget" sized pieces, place chicken into the bowl with olive oil to coat.
    Roll the chicken a a few pieces at a time in the breadcrumb mizture to coat. (You could also put the breadcrumb mixture in a big ziplock bag, place the chicken in and then shake it to coat
    Place coated chicken on a baking sheet in a single layer.
    Bake at 350 degrees for about 5-7 minutes. Turn chicken over and bake for another 5-8 minutes, until golden brown and cripsy.

Serve with celery sticks, carrots and ranch, or ketchup or BBQ sauce.
    ~ Mommy to Callum Rhys and Jack William ~

Girls: Eleanor, Ruby, Louisa, Jane, Sylvie, Alice, Iris
    Boys: Edmund, Leland, Rowan, Beckett, Miles, Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by lcmpdx View Post
    Better Chicken Nuggets - Mom and Dads enjoy, too!

1 lb (more or less depending on how many you are feeding) chicken tenders or chicken breast, cut into bite sized chunks
    1/4 cup Olive oil - in a medium sized mixing bowl
    1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs - in a medium sized bowl or spread on a plate
    2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese - or more if you like
    Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Mix the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese in a medium bowl or on a plate suitable for dredging the chicken.
    After cutting up the chicken into "nugget" sized pieces, place chicken into the bowl with olive oil to coat.
    Roll the chicken a a few pieces at a time in the breadcrumb mizture to coat. (You could also put the breadcrumb mixture in a big ziplock bag, place the chicken in and then shake it to coat
    Place coated chicken on a baking sheet in a single layer.
    Bake at 350 degrees for about 5-7 minutes. Turn chicken over and bake for another 5-8 minutes, until golden brown and cripsy.

Serve with celery sticks, carrots and ranch, or ketchup or BBQ sauce.
    This sounds delicious!
    Psalm 23