Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Nameberries Own Favourite Recipes for Kids (especially Picky Eaters)

Hi Mums and Dads I want to start Nameberries own 'go to' thread for those of us who are desperate to find a failsafe recipe/s that kids especially those who are picky eaters will gobble up and enjoy time and time again.

So to all the Mums who have picked their way through the minefield of toddler eating and come out the other side with some great ideas for feeding kids I am sure that your expertise will be worth more than gold to the het up, frustrated mothers of the world who are desperate to find food that their kids will enjoy.

So please line up and share your recipes and listen to the hearty shouts of grateful mothers all around the world.

In addition to RECIPES If you have some TIPS please put it under a TIPS heading.

THANK YOU to all the generous people who share their successful recipes!

PS If an ingredient is a name brand can you let us know what it is as brands are not always known around the world eg Instead of saying add Oreos say add chocolate biscuits.

rollo

Well I have no children yet, but as a former picky eater and with much babysitting experience under my belt, I have several recipes that I think would pass the Toddler Test. I haven't made this one for a child yet, but you moms can read the ingredients and decide if your kids would eat it. It may not be the most nutritional option, but my husband and I enjoy it once in a while. I think it can't go wrong. Recipe is copied from the Taste of Home website:

Cheddar Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
    Yield: 6-8 Servings

Ingredients

1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti, broken
    2 cups cubed cooked chicken
    2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
    1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
    1 cup milk
    1 tablespoon diced pimientos, optional
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup cheese, soup, milk, pimientos if desired, salt and pepper. Drain spaghetti; add to the chicken mixture and toss to coat.
    Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° (Fahrenheit; temp may be different in the UK--180° Celsius) for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.

(Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1 each) equals 311 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.)
    Last edited by alzora; January 17th, 2013 at 06:08 PM.

Thank you alzora for being my very first recipe poster!!

rollo

Just so my helpful nameberries don't miss this thread I am bumping it up. I do hope that we can get this resource started so that in the future lots of people can access its information.

rollo

My kids love Ants on a Log. You know, celery with peanut butter and raisins. It gets them protein and its messy which, in our house, equals fun!