Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nat108 View Post
    A lot of surname names

I love Maitland. It's a city here in Florida and I've always loved the sound but prefer it on a girl

Ever heard of Carroll O'Connor? Archie Bunker?

Ah that's right I'd forgotten about Carroll O'Connor
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by ssterikoff View Post
    The spelling Lauren would generally be used for a girl now, Loren would be for a boy. Could "Talc out" be Talcott? I think Haven has gone to the girls. I worked with a Demetrius, who was called Deme (dee-mee) for short. He was really nice. Grosvenor is pron. "grohv-ner" in England.

The number of surnames on the list is because it was not unusual to give family names, particularly the maiden names, to sons. My step-father is named after his father, so he is Brantley ---- III. His brother was given his mother's and grandmother's maiden names, so he is Walcott Smithson ----.
    Yes Talc Out was Talcott but it got autocorrected. And you're right about the surnames, they listed wives maiden names and many son's were given their mothers maiden name, which makes for an interesting collection of first names.
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

None of these are good at all

I like Yorke - it's going on my list!

I really like some of these!

I think these might be usable.
    Haven, Thayer, Walden, Copley, Winfield, Carrington, Anson, Delavan, Morris, Williston, Myron, Elwyn, Demetrius, Bowden.

Wish they would work, but have doubts:
    Lauren (really wish), Forsyth, Yorke, Ossian, Sumner, Runyon, Ashbel, Algernon, Romeyn, Atherton, Calvert.

I would use Demetrius, Carrington (nn Cary like Cary Grant?), and Delavan, which reminds me of Donovan.