Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Another baby Green on the way!

Hello everyone!

I do hope you are all well. We're expecting again, due in July. Complete surprise but there you have it! So, the fun (agony...!) of name selecting starts again! He/she joins Kaia Felicity, William (Will) Arden, Oliver (Ollie) Kendell and Alfred (Al) Harley and our surname is Green. I have resurrected our old lists of names as a starting point. Some of these we really aren't necessarily that excited by anymore but I've left them on anyway. Chosen middle names are family ones. So, I challenge you to work your collective magic again! Suggestions, comments, critiscism (seriously be as brutal as you like!) all very welcome.

Girls: (middle name will be Imogen or Evelyn - eh-veh-lin)
    Piper
    Sadie
    Lucy
    Phoebe
    Erin
    Sophie
    Bridget
    Briony
    Arla

Boys: (middle name to be either Calvin or Francis or Peter)
    George
    Jonathan
    Theo
    Declan
    Callum
    Thomas
    Benjamin
    Lucas
    Elliot
    James
    Joseph
    Tobias
    Alexander
    Nicholas
    Frederick
    Edward

Thankyou all so much!
    Dahlia

PS: I apologise in advance for any delay in responding to posts as I have 3 toddlers to chase around!

I would choose...

Lucy Imogen or Phoebe Evelyn

George Francis or Frederick Peter
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Gosh, I love your names! Nothing to be brutal or negative about here! And congrats on a new baby!

To go with Kaia, William, Oliver & Alfred....

Girl: Sophie, Lucy or Erin. I love Phoebe too, but I think these three will be perfect.
    Boy: Thomas, Lucas & Elliot.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Congratulations! What fun to start the process again, hm?

For a boy, I think something classic is in order, in keeping with William, Oliver and Alfred. I think George, Frederick and Edward are the best picks; I'd love to meet a baby George! I like southern.maple's suggestions of George Francis and Frederick Peter, and I also like George Calvin and Edward Francis. I also LOVE Tobias (nn Toby is so cute, too!) Tobias Calvin would be very handsome.

For a girl, I'm with ottilie--I think Erin, Sophie and Lucy are all just right--classic, but with a bit of modern spunk and cuteness, like Kaia. Phoebe would work, too. I also like Briony, but it isn't as good a match, nor does it pair well with Imogen or Evelyn. The only name on your girls' list I dislike is Piper. It's too cutesy for my taste and is going to date badly, I think. Erin Imogen, Sophie Evelyn, Lucy Evelyn or Phoebe Evelyn? I'm liking Lucy Evelyn, myself. It looks and sounds harmonious.

Best wishes!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Kaia, William, Oliver, Alfred, and

Girl: 1) Lucy; 2) Phoebe; or 3) Bridget
    Boy: 1) Elliot; 2) Edward; 3) Thomas; 4) George; or 5) Joseph