Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    I like Winthrop. That's about it.

I actually know an Ossian born in the early 1990's! And a Maurice, not Morris - but I can see either spelling could have been used for him (he was born in the late 1950's).

I found it interesting to see the effects of pop culture even on naming in the early 1900's. There were several Ossian's and Malvina's on the registers. Both names that were popularized by The Ossian Poems written/collected by James Macpherson.
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by alexa400 View Post
    I found it interesting to see the effects of pop culture even on naming in the early 1900's. There were several Ossian's and Malvina's on the registers. Both names that were popularized by The Ossian Poems written/collected by James Macpherson.
    Very interesting! The influence of the culture of the times stretches a long way back.

The Ossian I know (born 1994) was named for the meaning ("little deer") which has personal importance to his mother. However, his name is pronounced 'Oh-see-ann' as opposed to the traditional Irish way.

I haven't come across anyone else with this name, though!