19 43.18%
  • Brighton

19 43.18%
  • Barrington

6 13.64%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

VOTE: 3 Handsome B Names

Which name is the most handsome & sophisticated for our son? As you can tell, all are very similar so it makes the decision difficult.

Barron
    Brighton
    Barrington

My opinion: definitely Barron, by process of elimination. Brighton is great in theory, but it bothers me the way people will say it differently. Some will pronounce the T on the tips of their tongues, while others will swallow the T in the backs of their throats. Barrington is super cute (reminds me of Paddington Bear!), but looks too much like a surname to be a first name to me. Barron is perfect and would work great from infancy right through old age. Easy to pronounce and spell. Will never be confused with your surname (ie, people having to ask "wait, was his name Barrington Spencer or Spencer Barrington?").

Barron is too titley for me, as is Barrington. Too close to names like Prince or King or Counselor.

So Brighton's my pick. Handsome but sprightly.

Mary | Elsbeth | Clotilde | Everild | Beatrix | Junia | Tabitha | Gwendolen | Octavia | Eve | March | Edwen

Simeon | Lionel | Barnabus | Ezekiel | Hector | Ignatius | August | Jove | Sayer | Booker | Mariner | Cecil | Godfrey

Barron is a Trump name, and of course a hereditary title as cosmonaut pointed out-- like Earl or Lord.

Brighton is a seaside town on the south coast of England that's synonymous with cheap thrills, kind of. It's like naming your kid the equivalent of "spring break!" or "Vegas!"

Barrington, unless a family name, is frankly OTT as a given name. It's like a caricature of aspirational yuppie names.

I don't want to be critical-- here are some more realistic suggestions that I think have the vibe you're looking for:

Bingham
    Barrett
    Bedford
    Bowman
    Bradford
    Bretton
    Bryant
    Beaumont
    Blaine
    Bonaventure
    Brooks
    Bryland
    Burrell
    Byrne
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    I think these are perfect for you!