Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    In actually all of these names-- Adrienne, Adria, Adrian, and Adrik-- all mean "Emperor Hadrian." Which isn't to discount their legitimacy; several historical Adrians have done very interesting things.
    Fascinating! Thank you so much for sharing. This makes the name all-the-more interesting and helps explain these vague references to darkness. You are wonderful.

I think Adrick is a great name! I think the two names are distinguished enough to be used as cousins. Honestly, I pronounced it like Ah-drick, but I'm not of Russian decent. You might run into problems. I think it's a really lovely name pronounced either way!

Just chiming in to say that I highly doubt Adrik sees much if any usage in Russia, and if you're using it for that reason, I'd go for something else. Maybe in other Slavic countries? In Russia you're much more likely to hear Adrian, straight-out, and maybe, MAYBE, Adrik as a diminutive. I'm skeptical of any sources that suggested it was Russian.

That said, Adrik James is a very cool sounding name. I have Aidric on my list, myself!

Mary | Elsbeth | Clotilde | Everild | Beatrix | Junia | Tabitha | Lavender | Octavia | Eve | March | Edwen

Simeon | Lionel | Barnabus | Ezekiel | Hector | Ignatius | August | Jove | Sayer | Booker | Mariner | Cecil | Godfrey

Mum to Ulysses, Bishop, Winifred and one yet unnamed boo.

i ALSO have an Adrik James :)

My son was born this past Decemeber and I also named him Adrik James, but we pronouce the A like the A in apple. I absolutely love his name. People do have trouble pronoucing it, and sometimes they don't believe its a Russian name and think we made it up. But most people think it's great and unique. And it's nothing like Aden Best wishes to you and your Adrik James!

Quote Originally Posted by bex52978 View Post
    My son was born this past Decemeber and I also named him Adrik James, but we pronouce the A like the A in apple. I absolutely love his name. People do have trouble pronoucing it, and sometimes they don't believe its a Russian name and think we made it up. But most people think it's great and unique. And it's nothing like Aden Best wishes to you and your Adrik James!
    Aw, thanks for sharing, Bex.