Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Name depression

I'd tell them something along the lines of "You had your chance of picking a name when pregnant with me, and now it's my time. Please respect that". Whatever you choose, they'll come around. They might not like Tyne now but once they hold their grandbaby in their hands, they're probably gonna love anything to do with him, including his name.

Of course I did, I mean he's a catch! Narcissistic artist who works all the time and have dust all over his close and never shaves? No, he is a catch, I love him. I do have tarot cards, and I love jasmine and frankincense and I have cats, and I look like someone who would portray Morgana Le Fay or Circe I guess, she said that when I was brought home. So, yeah, I put a spell on him... (I moved in with him a few days after we got together, so I think that's a part of it). I actually enjoy ironing from time to time, but not his underwear! That's ridiculous. Stepford wife is the goal for what all women should be like... No, she's a sweet woman, I'm just not her cup of tea. I can live with it.

Baby steps, Hayles, good idea. I went by the cutest little shop today called One Small Step One Giant Leap, so cute. I have no idea why that came up, it just did!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

@Anton - I hope you're right!

@Otti - Lol!! Bless her. She sounds amusing :P Ooh I do tarot cards too! Obviously this makes us devil women...(My mother actually took me to see a nun when I started using tarot at 12, seriously....a NUN).

Aww that sounds cute! Was it a baby shop?
    Hi! I'm Hayley

Currrent Favourite Names:

Malin Winter ~ Cadence Louisa ~ Bryony Rose ~ Bronwen Coralie ~ Autumn Raine ~ Lakyn Wren ~ Temperance Rae ~ Tierney Dot ~

Tyne William Henry ~ Macaulay ~ Lorne ~ Tiernan ~ Logan ~ Lane ~ Deacon ~ Regan ~ [I]

Check out my honest blog on the highs & lows of pregnancy - Sparkles & Stretchmarks

A nun? That's crazy!

Yes, a baby and kiddie shoe shop in Clapham, also known as yummy mummy paradise...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I so enjoyed reading this whole thread! I LOVE that you ordered a personalized towel with his name-to-be (hopefully) on it. Honestly, Tyne is so adorable and unique, I think you have a winner. I agree with a pp that it was so completely unfair of you mom to compare this possible name with your's sister's children's names. That comment would have solidified my decision to go for it for sure!! But I get your hesitation. Do what will ensure you have no regrets. Also, maybe this is the first step to incorporating a new approach of not being so concerned with what others think (in general). Oh how families make us crazy! Good luck.