Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Name depression

East - Thanks Yeah, I think I have to try and stick to it. I'm just going to try REALLY hard to avoid any further name conversations with the mother.

Ottilie - Hehe, it was very cute! And guess what - I bit the bullet and ordered a personalized towel last night! Tyne William Henry. Eeeek! It wasn't too pricey so I'm not saying it won't change but I thought ordering something personalized was a big step!

Aww how can she not like you?! I think some parents are just impossible to please, I know my mother certainly is! I'm REALLY hoping we won't be here for too long - the idea was to stay until around the beginning of May, so about 4 weeks after baby is born, but if we can get out sooner I will be! *fingers crossed*
    Hi! I'm Hayley

Currrent Favourite Names:

Malin Winter ~ Cadence Louisa ~ Bryony Rose ~ Bronwen Coralie ~ Autumn Raine ~ Lakyn Wren ~ Temperance Rae ~ Tierney Dot ~

Tyne William Henry ~ Macaulay ~ Lorne ~ Tiernan ~ Logan ~ Lane ~ Deacon ~ Regan ~ [I]

Check out my honest blog on the highs & lows of pregnancy - Sparkles & Stretchmarks

While I agree that it is 100% your choice, I know that is easier said than done. One "compromise" I can see is coming up with your definite top 5 or 10 or whatever and telling them:

"Our child WILL be given one of these names. I value your opinion though so please rate these names from favorite to least favorite and we'll take it into consideration when we name him"

That may be one way to get a name you love, but know that they had some say/feel like their opinion was valued and what not. Either way though, good luck!

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jack ~ Conor ~ Nolan ~ Mark ~ Samuel ~ Jeremy ~ Ian ~ Vincent ~ Evan
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil

Quote Originally Posted by hayleyinwonderland View Post
    Ottilie - Hehe, it was very cute! And guess what - I bit the bullet and ordered a personalized towel last night! Tyne William Henry. Eeeek! It wasn't too pricey so I'm not saying it won't change but I thought ordering something personalized was a big step!

Aww how can she not like you?! I think some parents are just impossible to please, I know my mother certainly is! I'm REALLY hoping we won't be here for too long - the idea was to stay until around the beginning of May, so about 4 weeks after baby is born, but if we can get out sooner I will be! *fingers crossed*
    Goodie! That makes me so happy, a little towel with Tyne's name on it! Yay! I hope you find a place sooner, it must be horrid to live with your parents with your first new baby. I know living with mine would be awful.

My sort of MIL dislikes me because (she thinks) I'm a sorceress who's put a spell on her son and made him fall in love with me. And apparently I'm not nice enough (read: I don't iron his underwear).
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

@ottilie-- did you?

@hayley-- congratulations on your big step forward.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

@Ottilie - LMAO!!! Ohh that is hilarious. And also funny coz I actually do mess around with candle magic and I DID do that to Jon! Lol!! Ssssh...
    But then again I see her point, I mean...not ironing his underwear...*tut tut*...is he supposed to come home and do that himself after a hard day at the office?! Next thing you won't have his dinner on the table and a crazy smile plastered on your face when he walks through the door...

@Blade - thank you ...I still can't bring myself to tell Mommie Dearest that I ordered it hehe!.....Baby steps Bladey, baby steps...

@Jess - thank you for the suggestion, I actually did do that a few days ago. I asked them to number them in order of their favourites, from 1-5 - My dad wrote "5" on all of them, and my mum scribbled out Tyne and replaced it with Elliott. :/
    Hi! I'm Hayley

Currrent Favourite Names:

Malin Winter ~ Cadence Louisa ~ Bryony Rose ~ Bronwen Coralie ~ Autumn Raine ~ Lakyn Wren ~ Temperance Rae ~ Tierney Dot ~

Tyne William Henry ~ Macaulay ~ Lorne ~ Tiernan ~ Logan ~ Lane ~ Deacon ~ Regan ~ [I]

Check out my honest blog on the highs & lows of pregnancy - Sparkles & Stretchmarks