Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Name depression

Threaded View

Name depression

I need to whine

The name situation is really bringing me down. I'm sick of my parents forcing their suggestions onto me and criticizing mine & OH's ideas - I KNOW I shouldn't tell them any thoughts but I'm the kind of person who just needs approval, especially from my parents, I can't help it. But I never get anything but negative feedback.

Yesterday my Dad actually said to me "We've got a stake in this baby too you know. Its a third yours, a third Jons and two 6ths mine and your mums!"....My response of "Oh right, well I'll meet you in the delivery room when you're giving birth to it too then, shall I?!" just made him laugh but SERIOUSLY?!

I know its just a name, but naming is one of the main things I've always looked forward to about having a baby and its been completely ruined for me.

My mum told me the name we like best is horrible, and actually said "Your sisters kids have names that we feel proud calling out in public, I'll feel ashamed shouting out Tyne in public". I mean...WTF kind of thing is THAT to say to someone, let alone someone pregnant and emotional!?

I suggested a new name today, one that is VERY similar to one they have been suggesting to me (Caian instead of their suggestion of Kian which is too popular for me) - and still, they just criticized.

I have come to the conclusion that they will not like ANY name unless it is one that THEY have come up with.

So I guess I have to just suck it up and go with the name that my partner & I have loved from the very start (Tyne), but it breaks my heart to hear it berated so much - I know I need to grow a thicker skin, but I just hate the idea of them so passionately hating my poor little babies name :/
    Hi! I'm Hayley

Currrent Favourite Names:

Malin Winter ~ Cadence Louisa ~ Bryony Rose ~ Bronwen Coralie ~ Autumn Raine ~ Lakyn Wren ~ Temperance Rae ~ Tierney Dot ~

Tyne William Henry ~ Macaulay ~ Lorne ~ Tiernan ~ Logan ~ Lane ~ Deacon ~ Regan ~ [I]

Check out my honest blog on the highs & lows of pregnancy - Sparkles & Stretchmarks