Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Blighted ovum?

I'm so happy for you!! That is one sneaky little baby you've got there. Well congrats again!

Quote Originally Posted by mill1020 View Post
    No, I didn't know that, Blade. I assumed it was totally sketchy to have to have surgery during pregnancy at all. Maybe I will read about it (or maybe not!).

Do they put you flat on your back??
    If you have to have surgery during pregnancy, the second trimester is the time its done. The first trimester is when you worry about teratogenesis (birth defects); the third is when you worry about actually precipitating labor (or, for intraabdominal surgery, maneuvering around the uterus), but the second is the sweet spot. Obviously no purely elective operations are done-- no nose jobs or joint replacements-- but plenty, plenty, plenty of pregnant women have operations. The anesthetics affect the baby the same way they affect you, but as long as you don't deliver within an hour or so of your operation Baby metabolizes them off. No harm, no foul.

Yes, you are supine on the table. Would that be a problem? There are positioning aids if so.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

No, I don't think that would be a problem. I'm just a little squeamish about being flat on my back, even early on.

The weird thing is that the surgeon is saying now (through email) that I might NOT have to have surgery at all during the pregnancy. But from what I've been reading, it sounds like baby and I would be much less likely to have complications if I did have the surgery! I don't know what to be more afraid of: surgery or no surgery! Wouldn't a Ca value of 10.9 already be high enough for them to want to do the parathyroidectomy in the 2nd trimester??

Thanks in advance for any insights!
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (9), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (1)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Claire Patricia, Cecilia, Serena (Seri), Audrey, Rose, Naomi, Maisie, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Lucy, Linnea
    Thomas, Paul, Henry, Miles, Arthur, Luther, Samuel, Seth

DH's "approved" list:
    Claire, Seri, Naomi, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas ("maybe")

No, definitely not, especially in the absence of symptoms. I can say that with 100% confidence.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Okay, thank you, that helps me to let go of some of the worries!
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (9), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (1)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Claire Patricia, Cecilia, Serena (Seri), Audrey, Rose, Naomi, Maisie, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Lucy, Linnea
    Thomas, Paul, Henry, Miles, Arthur, Luther, Samuel, Seth

DH's "approved" list:
    Claire, Seri, Naomi, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas ("maybe")