Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Blighted ovum?

Aw mill, I'm so sorry to hear about what's going on. That's devastating! Thinking of you.

Somehow, when we went in yesterday for the ultrasound, we saw a 2.5mm embryo with a heartbeat!!!!!

I cannot describe the shock and excitement of this. I am not what you would call an optimist. It's still scary because I have hypercalcemia, and this can cause miscarriage at another time or problems in the newborn, to name a few things. We will just have to hope for the best, and they will probably do surgery on my parathyroids again in the second trimester.

I want to thank everyone so much for their support.
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (8), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (1)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Amy, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Audrey, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas, Martin ("maybe")

Whoa!! That is amazing!!

ER docs think they know how to use ultrasound, but honestly the machines in the ER are so vastly inferior to the fancy ones radiologists / sonographers have access to that you can miss so much.

As you doubtless know surgery in the second trimester, especially outside the abdomen, is quite safe.

So excited for you!
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Yay! That's awesome news!

No, I didn't know that, Blade. I assumed it was totally sketchy to have to have surgery during pregnancy at all. Maybe I will read about it (or maybe not!).

Do they put you flat on your back??
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (8), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (1)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Amy, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Audrey, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas, Martin ("maybe")