Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Baby Girl #2 Due in April. Need name help!

Hello all.

We are struggling with naming baby girl #2. Our first daughter is Marilena, named after her two grandmothers (MaryEllen and Eleni). We want something that is not too popular, but easy to pronounce (and a real name) for our 2nd daughter as well. Ideally I'd love it to be easy to say in Greek, or have a greek origin and go well with Marilena's name.
    Curently debating (my choices) Vivian, Juliana/Julia, Louisa, Susannah, Claire, Daphne, Simone and (husband's choices) Beatrix, Agnes, Fiona, Oona, Bette.

I generally don't love names that folks use nicknames for automatically (my fear of this child being called Suzie, if we go with Susannah). Middle name is my last name (starts with a Z, is greek and is 10 letters long), last name starts with a C and is 9 letters long. Daughter #1 also has the same middle and last names.

Any suggestions or thoughts to help us sort this out would be appreciated. Naming #2 is MUCh harder than #1!

I like Vivian the best!

Other ideas:

Greek names:
    Agnelle
    Odessa
    Zaina
    Caetlin
    Reta
    Vanessa

Other:
    Acacia (uh-kay-sha)
    Eloise
    Juliet
    Savannah
    Sloane
    Matilda
    Beatrix

From your list, I think Claire is your best bet for a no-nickname name, BUT - as someone with a long name, if you call her by her full name, introduce her by her full name, most people will call her by what you wish. By the time she is in school, she may decide to go by a nickname, but by then, kids give nicknames anyway. My brother is TJ, literally two letters long and his friends STILL called him by a nickname.

Daphne would be a great fit