Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I love Mary. It fits in with your classic boys names and has tons of significance to you. I don't think it will matter if you give her a family name. Since its so far back in your family tree, I don't think any one will mind. Mary is lovely!!

Margaret is so elegant and underused - all three are lovely but I fear Downton Abbey may bring on a tidal wave of Marys but it will always be timeless however popular.

Thank you all for the feedback.

I think we're leaning towards Martha or Mary. Both seem fresher than Margaret.
    Mom to Teddy and Pip. Naming #3.

all are too old sounding, I would be disappointed if my mom named me something so outdated. If you like vintage names, how about Margo, Ruby, Pearl, Mabel, Aibeline, Adalaide, Elsie, Faye, Jemima, Eloise, or Vivian?

I vote for Mary. I have one child with a family name and the others don't so I don't think it's weird particularly because in your case Mary has religious significance in addition to family significance. It's funny that you are picking your favorite "Mar-" name because Mary would be my hands down pick for my next daughter but I have a son Mark already.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Future girl: Stella, Lucy, Grace, or Elizabeth
    Future boy: Peter or Thomas