Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WDYT of Marnie?

WDYT of Marnie?

I am just curious what comes to mind when you hear the name Marnie?

It is one of the many nicknames my baby has (her given name is Maren, prn MAR-en, not MARE-in). I really never expected or planned on her being called Marnie, but my 4 yo started using it one day and now I find myself using it, too. To be honest, it is a name I never cared for until now (something about a 4 yo saying it just makes it cute to me). ;-)

But now I am wondering how it would work for her if the nickname Marnie really sticks. What are your honest opinions/thoughts on the name? Does it sound too dusty or dated? Too much like a dog/cat name? What are your first impressions?

Thanks!

Also, do you think Marnie is too much of a stretch as a nickname for Maren?
    Last edited by norskelove; January 14th, 2013 at 12:56 PM.

I love the name Marnie, I think its very fresh and spunky. I actually knew girls in highschool named Marnie and one named Maren. If you think it suits your daughter I would encourage you to keep using it!

I LOVE Marnie.
    Singer Lily Allen just named her daughter Marnie I believe, so could become popular but its very cute as a nn!!!
    Hi! I'm Hayley

Currrent Favourite Names:

Malin Winter ~ Cadence Louisa ~ Bryony Rose ~ Bronwen Coralie ~ Autumn Raine ~ Lakyn Wren ~ Temperance Rae ~ Tierney Dot ~

Tyne William Henry ~ Macaulay ~ Lorne ~ Tiernan ~ Logan ~ Lane ~ Deacon ~ Regan ~ [I]

Check out my honest blog on the highs & lows of pregnancy - Sparkles & Stretchmarks

The lady that works at my insurance company's local office is named Marnie. She is really nice and friendly, so I have that positive association with the name. I actually really like it.

As a nn I think it's very cute and fun. It would sound well on an old woman as well as a little girl. And she has the option to use Maren if she wants a more professional name. I like it a lot.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin