Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WDYT of Marnie?

Hybrid View

WDYT of Marnie?

I am just curious what comes to mind when you hear the name Marnie?

It is one of the many nicknames my baby has (her given name is Maren, prn MAR-en, not MARE-in). I really never expected or planned on her being called Marnie, but my 4 yo started using it one day and now I find myself using it, too. To be honest, it is a name I never cared for until now (something about a 4 yo saying it just makes it cute to me). ;-)

But now I am wondering how it would work for her if the nickname Marnie really sticks. What are your honest opinions/thoughts on the name? Does it sound too dusty or dated? Too much like a dog/cat name? What are your first impressions?

Thanks!

Also, do you think Marnie is too much of a stretch as a nickname for Maren?
    Last edited by norskelove; January 14th, 2013 at 11:56 AM.

I love the name Marnie, I think its very fresh and spunky. I actually knew girls in highschool named Marnie and one named Maren. If you think it suits your daughter I would encourage you to keep using it!

I LOVE Marnie.
    Singer Lily Allen just named her daughter Marnie I believe, so could become popular but its very cute as a nn!!!
    Hi! I'm Hayley

Currrent Favourite Names:

Malin Winter ~ Cadence Louisa ~ Bryony Rose ~ Bronwen Coralie ~ Autumn Raine ~ Lakyn Wren ~ Temperance Rae ~ Tierney Dot ~

Tyne William Henry ~ Macaulay ~ Lorne ~ Tiernan ~ Logan ~ Lane ~ Deacon ~ Regan ~ [I]

Check out my honest blog on the highs & lows of pregnancy - Sparkles & Stretchmarks

Quote Originally Posted by hayleyinwonderland View Post
    I LOVE Marnie.
    Singer Lily Allen just named her daughter Marnie I believe, so could become popular but its very cute as a nn!!!
    I had to google Lily Allen and while I still don't know who she is, I like her DDs names (Ethel and Marnie).......I agree that it could spark an upswing in the name, but who knows. Hopefully it wouldn't get too popular, but it would only be a nickname, so not a huge deal. But it does turn me off from using it a little.......I just hate riding any "celeb baby name" wave, know what I mean?

The lady that works at my insurance company's local office is named Marnie. She is really nice and friendly, so I have that positive association with the name. I actually really like it.