Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    Sufjohn? Is that a name? Maybe look into that.
    LOL! You must be thinking of indie music artist Sufjan Stevens. His name is pronounced Soof-yawn. That's a creative source for Saff, to be sure.

Sanford? Kind of a stretch, I guess.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

I would NOT use Grace for a boy even in the middle. Even though it is technically, a neutral (non-gendered) noun, it IS a common girls' name. A boy with the middle name Grace will almost surely be embarrassed of the name. I recommend giving your son a full name he will feel good about.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)

Quote Originally Posted by nat108 View Post
    And according to Baby Name Guesser:
    It's a boy!

Based on popular usage, it is 1.009 times more common for Saffron to be a boy's name.
    That really surprises me. Saffron in the UK is all girl, ranked #370 last year and peaked at #133 in 2000. It doesn't even rank for boys at all. Must be a regional difference.

Joseph nn Seff/Saff is a brilliant suggestion.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I would assume Saffron is a girls name. Archer Grace as a boys name has less potential for teasing in that he would mostly go by Archer, but Grace is such a girl's name that you'd have to explain it in that context of why you gave him such a middle name. I think it unlikely he would get through school without it coming out, or family saying something etc.
    Chelsea
    - Named after the place. A guy named Chelsea, who through his name became fascinated with names.

Current favorites
    Girls: Alexandra, Cambria, Catrin, Claire, Emma, Gemma, Louise, Kirsty, Sutton, Tess, Zoe

Boys: Bryn, Brit, Guy, Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
    That really surprises me. Saffron in the UK is all girl, ranked #370 last year and peaked at #133 in 2000. It doesn't even rank for boys at all. Must be a regional difference.

Joseph nn Seff/Saff is a brilliant suggestion.
    There is an author named Jonathan Saffron Foer (Everything is Illuminated), and its the only thing I can think of that shows it could work on a boy. I would still probably use it for the middle name though.