Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Are these just too effeminate?

Hey guys!

So me and my DH have been sifting through names for a bit. And there are a few names we keep going back to, only the femininity has us a bit worried.

We are almost completely convinced to use the name Saff, though it seems more of a nn. But the problem comes from trying to...un-nickname it with something like Saffron, or maybe Sapphire.

Are Saffron and Sapphire just too much for a boy? Are there any other names that could work with Saff? (Or does it seem more likely to just nix it all?)

We both also really love Archer. The problem coming from picking a middle name...

I really love Archer Grace. But am a little afraid it might be cause for some teasing, even as just a middle name. We've also considered Archer Gray/Grey.

Any other suggestions, possibly keeping with the same sound?

This little one is going to stay a mystery till it's time and we have already chosen a girl's name; Harriet Sage. He/She will be joining their sister, little baby Winter Blue.
    Last edited by yahbrahchill; January 13th, 2013 at 08:20 PM.

I find it almost impossible to believe that the same human being would name one daughter Winter Blue, a second daughter Harriet, and think Saffron, Sapphire and Grace were good boys' names. Esp a human being with the lovely name of Ciara Yvonne. But just in case:

Saffron, Sapphire and Grace are completely unworkable as boys' names.

Saff, if it must be had, can be obtained from

Asafa, as in Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell
    Stafford or Safford
    Safi (Arabic name meaning 'pure')
    Seraphim / serafim
    Jehoshaphat (cruel)
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

It seems pretty schizo to me too, but I actually know a boy with Grace as a middle. It's his grandmother's maiden name though, his father bears it as well.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I don't have anything very helpful to say, but I think Saffron could work for a boy if you really wanted it to. Mostly I just wanted to say that I think Winter Blue is a very beautiful name!
    Girls: Beatrice Emmeline, Clementine Alice, Lana Magnolia, Ellington Briar, Violet Aurelia, Charlotte Ophelia, Evangeline Belle
    Boys: Benedict Gray, August Sebastian, Lysander Quinn, Magnus Roland, Julian Lestat, Mias Vincent, Castiel Sawyer

Aha; I'm actually not sure how to take that first part xD...

But yes, I figured both Saffron and Sapphire would really just not work, hence asking for some help! I've never met a Saffron, and just don't like Sapphire as a girls name.

I definitely love Safford, maybe even Safi. Much more.
    Little baby Winter Blue (2)
    Baby #2 on the way! ;D