Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Whistler

Whistler

Well hello!

I have been lusting over the name Whistler for a while now. It has special meaning to our family, and we think it has a great sound, especially with our last name.

I have one question though. Since our fam is huge on nicknames, trying to come up with one for Whistler has been a bit of a challenge. My immediate first thought was Whistler nn Whit. Do you think this works well? Is it weird since we would obviously be pronouncing the "t" in Whit, but not in Whistler? Is there any other options you can think of as a nickname for Whistler?

Another question would be, if you heard a parent calling their kid "Whit" on the playground, would you assume a little boy or girl would come running? Whittaker? Whitney? (This doesn't really matter to us, since we actually like unisex names/don't see a problem in them, but I am still curious nonetheless.)

Could you see a little Whistler nn Whit running around with brothers Rigby (Rig), Miller (Mills) and sisters Wren (Birdie) & Eloise (Lola)?

xo Viv
    Mama bear to Rigby Harrison, Miller Thomas, Wren Charlotte Amity & Eloise Cleo Bellamy

I adore all your kiddos' names! I also think Whistler, nn Whit goes great with the sibset.

I love your kids names! To be honest at first I thought Whistler, now way. Then I thought about it and I really like it. I think it could be used for boy or girl. It makes me think of a very happy little child. I also think Whit is a perfect NN.

Whistler immediately makes me think of Whistler's Mother (and a Rocky and Bullwinkle sketch about the painting, haha). I don't mind the connection though, and I love the nn Whit. I don't think the "t" thing matters. I also don't think that Whit is particularly gendered, but if I were to pick one, I'd say I see a boy with this nickname (Walt Whitman kinda comes to mind with "Whit"). I think Whitney is generally dropping off and I don't know a Whitney who goes by Whit.

I know someone named Whistler with twin brother Harper. ^_^

I think Whit would work fine as a nn for Whistler. It's strong an handsome and I would think it was a boy if I heard Whit on the playground. I think Whistler goes really nicely with the other children ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014