Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    I find it almost impossible to believe that the same human being would name one daughter Winter Blue, a second daughter Harriet, and think Saffron, Sapphire and Grace were good boys' names. Esp a human being with the lovely name of Ciara Yvonne. But just in case:

Saffron, Sapphire and Grace are completely unworkable as boys' names.

Saff, if it must be had, can be obtained from

Asafa, as in Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell
    Stafford or Safford
    Safi (Arabic name meaning 'pure')
    Seraphim / serafim
    Jehoshaphat (cruel)

I agree with Blade!!!

What makes Saffron feminine? It's so silly how people attach gender to words because there is usually no rhyme or reason beyond "It sounds feminine" or "I know a girl with that name".

I see no gender in Saffron. Since it is so rare most people don't attach a gender to it, let alone even think of it as a name. Your Saffron will be the first they meet, so they will consider it a masculine name.
    And according to Baby Name Guesser:
    It's a boy!

Based on popular usage, it is 1.009 times more common for Saffron to be a boy's name.

The popularity of Saffron is: 3.413
    (where 0 = extremely rare, 6 = super popular)

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

Sorry but I'd assume all your son's were girls or that I had misheard their names. For a Saff nn how about Joseph?

Sapphire is WAY to girly, so is Grace. Saffron is alright, maybe Archer Saffron?

I thought the suggestion of safford was pretty cool!!! LOVE winter blue. So sad my married name is white... I would love the chance to use gray, greenley, or bleu... But my attraction to color names must have led me to marry a man with one LOL
    For now if I had 2 of each- Girls: Sunday and Willa Boys: Knox and Ford or Penn
    Girls: Vivi Charles, Lila Charles, Sunday Kate, Willa Lace, Landry Kate, Monroe Laycee, Ezra Kate, Lucy madden, Lila snow, Charlize Layce, Hazel Anne, Indy, Wynter
    Boys: Knox Maverick, Knox Ryder, Archer Allen, Archer Atlas, Shepard Knox, Monroe Hendrix, Madden McLane, Finn Allen, Crewe Archer, Quade Allen, Dash Allen, Thayer,Tennyson, Vance, Ford Allen, Penn, Wilder, Rook, Hoyt, Holt, Hart, Bishop