Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coley11 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I had a post on the general baby names board to critique my favorite boy's and girl's names, and it seems that I'm getting a lot of backlash on my girl's list. My style for girls tends to be surnames/unisex, which I think rubs people the wrong way, in favor of more feminine names. The following are my current faves:

Elliott
    Quinn
    Connelly
    Greer
    Bellamy
    Leighton
    Waverly
    Penelope (Penny)

1. I'd appreciate any feedback on these, and 2. I welcome any other name suggestions that feel similar but are maybe a tad more feminine.

Thanks so much!

Nicole
    I love Bellamy. I also like Waverly. Some other suggestions: Kennedy, Anniston, Taullah. Perhaps Greer, Quinn could be a middle name?

A lot of people on baby-name boards don't like the 'trends'. They prefer the classics that have risen and fallen over the years. I've been a 'namer' for 9 years now, and I really like unisex names for girls.
    From your list, my favorites are:
    Connelly
    Penelope (prefer nn Lola)
    Waverly
    other ideas:

Willa
    Rowan
    Shiloh
    Signy
    Corrigan
    Winslow
    Emerson
    Saige
    Aspen
    Arleigh
    Vaida/Veda
    Romany
    Emory
    Piper
    Remington nn Remi
    Tatum
    Kyla
    Tamsin
    Rory
    Quincy nn Quinn
    Last edited by momof374; January 13th, 2013 at 07:26 PM.

Penelope by a long shot. Most of those aren't unisex, just straight up masculine and not attractive on a girl at all - especially Elliot.

My favorite would definitely be Penelope. It's the most feminine and Penny is adorable. Here are some other ideas,

Jessamine
    Phoebe
    Daphne
    Rowan
    Ramona
    Whitney
    Adelaide
    Beatrice
    Good luck,
    Leigh

Married to my high school sweetheart
    Mother to Charles Nathaniel aka Charlie [1.26.09]
    Baby due [3.17.13]

1. I'd appreciate any feedback on these, and 2. I welcome any other name suggestions that feel similar but are maybe a tad more feminine.

Thanks so much!

Nicole[/QUOTE]

Elliott A shame to use for a girl as it is such a gem for a boy. If you are going with nn of Elle then something like Eliana would be pretty.
    Quinn Not bad our Governor General a refined lady is named Quentin, most unusual
    Connelly Too boyish
    Greer A lovely name
    Bellamy One of my favourite unisex names and love the nn of Belle
    Leighton Reminds me of famous tennis player Leighton Hewitt so it is all boy to me
    Waverly This name seems to be popping up but if I was to see this name on a list of children I would assume it was a boy
    Penelope (Penny) I think Penny is very cute and the other nn options that people love are Nell and Lola.

A gorgeous unisex name is Airlie, it is the name of a beach in Queensland, Australia. I think that this is a very good choice
    or you may like the name of another famous Australian beach - Avalon with the gorgeous nn of Ava.

Do you like girl's names that can be shortened to boyish names eg Georgina nn of Georgie?

Or these which I feel are a little dated and would not use.

Peyton
    Alexis
    Courtney

but you may like

Chelsea or London again slightly dated.

What about a spunky girls name like Camilla with the nn of Milly?

Or
    Tessa
    Brigid nn Bridge
    Isla
    Evelyn (traditionally a boy's name now over to the girls)
    Rowan a soft name that is becoming very popular