Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Feedback and Suggestions Appreciated!

Hi everyone,

I had a post on the general baby names board to critique my favorite boy's and girl's names, and it seems that I'm getting a lot of backlash on my girl's list. My style for girls tends to be surnames/unisex, which I think rubs people the wrong way, in favor of more feminine names. The following are my current faves:

Elliott
    Quinn
    Connelly
    Greer
    Bellamy
    Leighton
    Waverly
    Penelope (Penny)

1. I'd appreciate any feedback on these, and 2. I welcome any other name suggestions that feel similar but are maybe a tad more feminine.

Thanks so much!

Nicole

Yeah, not a fan of your list overall. There is unisex and then there are names that scream one sex a lot more than another, and I think most of your names belong on a boy more than a girl. Leighton, Waverly, and Penelope are ok. Penelope is really throwing me off, though, because it's so different than your other names. Are there any other names that are more girly like Penelope that you like?

Here are some other ideas that maintain the more unisex style that you like, but are unisex towards the female side IMO.
    Rowan
    Emery
    Marlowe
    Avery
    Blaire
    Evelyn
    Piper
    Romilly
    Sloane

I think Waverly is very girly and beautiful, Greer is nice as well. Penelope is a girl name, and even though I'm not a fan, it's a real name & she was Odysseus's wife and quite cool. I think Quinn can work well on a girl.

I think Hadley and Harper are sweet on girls.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Elliott -- It's ok. I don't really love it.
    Quinn -- Ok.
    Connelly -- Hmm. Like a lot.
    Greer -- Personal negative associations with this name.
    Bellamy -- Dislike for a girl. Sounds like an English butler's name.
    Leighton -- Like. But, will it be pronounced Lay-ton or Lee-ton?
    Waverly -- Like.
    Penelope -- Like a lot. Dislike the nn Penny. What about Nell?

Suggestions:
    Calliope nn Callie or Calla
    Calla
    Skylar
    Delaney
    Lane
    Ellery
    Willa
    Sadie or Zadie
    Sawyer
    Clove
    Cora
    Avalon

From your list, I like Waverly, Leighton, and Penelope. The rest are all boy. I feel like Penelope is very different from the rest of your names, but I really like it! Some other suggestions are Hadley and Harper as Ottilie said, Marlowe, Kendall, Addison, Sage, Chelsea, Cadence.