Names Searched Right Now:
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Oh man. Otters are such mercurial critters! Stay on target or you'll get your flippers all in a muddle!

So can you say definitely
    Gwenllian Arcadia?
    Thalia Tinuviel?

Shall we eliminate Perlascura? Thalia Tinuviel is really great. I think it wants something a little biting on the end. I vote
    Thalia Tinuviel Yvaine or
    Thalia Tinuviel Iris
    Aquila has the right bite, but the rhythm is a little off imo.

Gwenllian Arcadia Yvaine is lovely, but but but.... Gwenllian Arcadia is such a babbling brook. Might be great with something fuller at the end:
    Gwenllian Arcadia Millaray (the two Ls and voweliness keep the name bouncing along)
    Gwenllian Arcadia Sylvaine (Sylvaine has the right rhythm, and it amps up the lush green imagery of Arcadia)

My flappers are in a muddle already... He thinks the names are too "out there" again. Why is he doing this to me, and only two months before Baby comes? And I'm the manic depressive one... argh, I am so mad I want to do something slightly mean. Like naming our child on my own when it comes... Not married, so I have all the power. I'm giving him some time to find something (preferably already on the list), and in the mean time I love Gwenllian Arcadia Millaray and Thalia Tinuviel Yvaine. Thanks Emmsie-Bemmsie!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Oh rats. Sorry you're frustrated! Most people only have to worry about naming one baby- you're tackling ten at once. I can see where your boyfriend might get overwhelmed. I think pulling the "we're not married" card... well you HAVE made a huge commitment to this baby, so you two are bound for life in that way whether or not you're married. I think you're such a doll Ottilie, so I want to take your side, but I think that kicking him out of the naming process because you're not married would be a low blow. What's to keep you from pulling that card any time you two have conflict over the kids, if you don't set a precept of acting as a unit?*
    That said, it sounds like he's being a little bitch. Surely there's one girl name and one boy name that he can get behind. That's all you need at this point, realistically. They are all so so beautiful, and you've put so much care into them. Boyfriend better put on his papa pants and come up with something constructive!

Nah I was just upset. I've barely seen him the last few days, he's obsessive and, frankly, quite mean when he works, so I've avoided him. I'd never do the naming on my own, his opinion is very important to me. I do love him even when he's a bitch, and I'm not that kind of person. Just frustrated and angry and depressed. Thank you for setting me straight though, and your sweet words.

He's fine with the boy names, and apparently Illyria (crying works) so I've got one, and as you say that is all I need. Ceridwen is still on the table as well, but saving that one for a winter's day... He likes Rosamond (and after reading cosmo's thread I've sort of fallen in love with that again) so maybe that would be good as well and Fiammetta. So it isn't starting all over again, it's basically taking a step or two back.

Also, the top 5 thing, his idea because he knows what he's like and how difficult he can be. I'd be happy with two or three.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Honestly I was wondering if Perlascura and Nimue and the like were going over well. Good relationships often work this way, where one partner reigns in the excesses of another. It's obviously quite frustrating if you're the one being reigned in, though.

I think, perhaps, adding in some of the family names will give the whole combination balance? It's wonderful to imbue your baby's name with this dreamy, artistic, mythological, evocative feel, but it's equally important to anchor Baby to the here & now and to his/her specific, unique bloodlines too. I think if you pair a really striking, unusual name with a more grounded classic it can help the both of them shine-- it subtracts the 'oddness' out of the unusual name, letting its beautiful qualities take center stage, and can help the common name be looked at in a new light.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq