Beatrice- quirky and both young and old female images come to mind
    Berenice*- dark
    Celeste- fun, happy, timeless, artsy, stylish
    Ceridwen*- complicated, bookish, standoffish
    Circe*- whimsical, odd, smart
    Constance*- studious, sexy, controlling
    Eulalia- graceful, old-fashioned
    Eupheme or Euphemia- euthanasia, awkward
    Fiammetta- ooh la la, fun and unexpected, rare beauty, also brings to mind Finnola, which I love
    Genoveva- Just like the simpler Genevieve here, makes me think of princesses and jewels
    Gwenllian- Go straight to Guinevere which I vastly prefer
    Hemera- dark
    Hespera- just think literary, not real life
    Illyria*- lovely, blonde
    Lysandra- sweet, girly
    Melisande- capable, pretty, serious
    Millaray- marina, fish, boats, ocean
    Morgana*- strong, smart, interesting, beautiful
    Niniane- ninny
    Oriana- fancy, dramatic, dancing/flitting ballerina
    Oriel*- I think of Ariel and prefer it.
    Rosamund- tall, lithe, attractive, bookish
    Roshana- worldly, sexy, dashing
    Solenne- lovely, lovely, lovely
    Soraya*- exotic, dark, gorgeous, fashionable
    Thalia*- daring, mature, appealing to men
    Villanelle*time shares, neighborhoods-
    Yvaine- awkward Elaine/Yvonne
    Zenobia- castles, queens

Amoret - long dark hair, wears a lot of expensive jewelry and deep colors
    Arcadia - a Mexican woman with curly hair who's known for her tortillas and tamales
    Beatrice - bookish girl with glasses who likes writing/reading and dressing up to act out her favorite parts
    Celeste - i imagine a blonde woman who likes to bake and wears a lot of pastels
    Gwenllian - a red haired girl with a crooked smile who loves to run and be outdoors
    Hespera - desert, sweating, cactus, broken cars
    Lysandra - dramatic woman with long hair, sleeves and skirts who wears vintage shoes
    Melisande - woman with a dark personality who sells herbs in a sketchy part of town
    Millaray - fit girl with short blond hair, tough and ready for anything that comes her way
    Oriana - simple girl who likes to play the cello and draw, not very talkative
    Roshana - big girl with a loud voice and an attitude, very in-your-face personality
    Solenne - exotic, suntanned teen in a bathing suit who just wants to soak up the sun and then go surfing
    Yvaine - wafe-like tall African woman with milky brown skin who's very graceful and soft spoken
    Zenobia - a black woman in a colorful turban and smiling cheeks
    Constance* - I know an adult named Constance. She's got a big personality and is very conscientious and great at her job. She loves to dance and dress up her dog She doesn't use a nickname
    Soraya* - beautiful Arabic/Persian girl with silky hair and bewitching eyes
    Thalia* - I knew a little girl with this name. She was a gymnast and very elegant for a little girl but at the same time very sporty
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Thanks you two. Yvaine seems to conjure up bad imahes... and Villanelle (poor little Nellie, no one's read The Passion?).

Wrennie: I'm not a nn person, she'd probably be Constance most of the time. I don't see the point of shortening names. Your comments are amazing, I love that you brought in the seasons. And I can picture Oriana now, how wonderful!

Notcinnamon: I love your Fiammetta comments especially. Amoret, Constance and Ceridwen too, delicious.

Kala: Thanks, your comments on Hespera made me laugh. Amoret sounds like me, and the Thalia you know makes me want a little Thalia!!
    Last edited by ottilie; January 13th, 2013 at 09:22 PM.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I’m not really good with imagery, but i came across the name Silverlin/Silvurlin and thought you might like it. It’s used predominantly in Iceland i believe and on the Faroer islands.
    Hadewych Ebba Rosalind due 2.15.2015

Aurore Ebba Rosalind, Aurelia Beatrice Rose, Hadewych Ebba Aurora, Cosima Rose Beatrice, Riva Ianthe Juniper, Melisande Juno Catharina, Lorelei Caja Vasilisa

Ramses, Midas, Erasmus/Rasmus, Rodolphe, Jasper, Rembrandt, Lloyd, Lucius, Otis, Emrys, Oberon

Silverlin is gorgeous! Maybe as a middle? Thank you Phloxie!!