Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Yeah, she's not - but its not a HORRIBLE association either, I don't think she makes it unusable. She's just what comes to mind immediately - the name could do with a sweet little girl to take it away from her, and if you used it everybody who knows you would then associate it with YOUR Beatrice and not her Bea is such a sweet nn too.

I think Melisande and Solenne are my favourites (Is Delphine out? I adore that, I know a Delphine and she suits it so much - she's a real beauty) - Celeste is a close third (Do you remember the 80s cartoon Moondreamers? That's what Celeste reminds me of )

I'm not sure with Niniane - its what comes to mind for me, but I'm sure it would be less obvious to children as the word is certainly dying out - but would school parents comment on it if their children mentioned their friend Niniane and bring the teasing potential about that way? I'm just not sure. :/

Also, its hard these days to find a name that has NO teasing potential - and at the end of the day, kids pick on anything - if not her name, they'll always find something to tease so should we overly concern ourselves with teasing potential in names?! I just don't know
    Hi! I'm Hayley

Currrent Favourite Names:

Malin Winter ~ Cadence Louisa ~ Bryony Rose ~ Bronwen Coralie ~ Autumn Raine ~ Lakyn Wren ~ Temperance Rae ~ Tierney Dot ~

Tyne William Henry ~ Macaulay ~ Lorne ~ Tiernan ~ Logan ~ Lane ~ Deacon ~ Regan ~ [I]

Check out my honest blog on the highs & lows of pregnancy - Sparkles & Stretchmarks

Amoret- An adventurous girl with a love for romance novels and the stark beauty of the winter night. I can see her learning french and teaching it to anyone she can. A girl filled with whimsy, but still wise like a woman that had seen a thousand lives.

Arcadia- A rebellious girl with honey golden hair. I imagine a girl lost in her own little world. She has a slight temper. There is nothing she enjoys more than wielding a sword in fencing class.

Beatrice- Quiet and studious with straight dark brown hair. She has an air of mystery.

Celeste- A queen.

Ceridwen*- I imagine Ireland. A girl with freckles and a shimmering laugh. Storytelling flows from her lips as easily as a river. She is kind and reckless, though not in a bad way.

Hespera- Theatric. I imagine an actress.
    Niniane- Ninny? That's what I thought of.
    Illyria*- Can only imagine violet eyes and white hair (game of thrones? ) And islands full of crystal blue water and open fields. Magic seems to shimmer around the name and I feel like the girl would be very whimsical.

Morgana*- Sounds kind of mean to me, sorry.

Oriel*- Sounds rebellious, like a girl who would dye her hair blue for the heck of it. Ocean and crashing waves are her thing. Athletic.

Soraya*- Exotic and strange. I see tanned skin and the bright colors of tropical birds. She is quick to temper but has a huge heart.

Thalia*- Beautiful with a melodic voice that can sing the softest of songs. She loves to weave flowers into her hair, and to explore the beauty that is nature.
    Villanelle*- Delicate. Almost frail. Sounds like villain though.

Zenobia- Strong, dark. Black hair, eyes the color of ebony. Fearsome.

These were the ones that just had something to say
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Theon Samuel Peregrin, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver

Hayls, problem with Delphine is a) I sort of know someone with the name, she's lovely and everything but it feels like stealing and b) I hate dolphins, they creep me out. What do you (or anyone else) think of Nimue instead? I'm slightly worried about pronunciation with that one... Kids will tease about anything if they want to, and frankly I'd rather my kid being teased for a name, than the nose or other physical things.

Alliecat: You angel. Daenerys is my favourite Song of Ice and Fire character, that comparison made Illyria even better! And you made me love Amoret, Arcadia and Thalia more too. Thank you!!!

Oooh, I love your posts, Lori! These are gorgeous! I love Hespera Constance, Fiammetta Berenice and Amoret Beatrice!

Quick question: Is it creepy to use Constance and Oliver for siblings, seeing as they would be named after the characters in Lady Chatterley's Lover?
    Last edited by ottilie; January 13th, 2013 at 06:56 PM.
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Ahh I see! I can see why its eliminated then hehe!
    I think I prefer Nimue to Niniane - I'm assuming Nimue's pronunciation is Nim-you?
    I agree re: the teasing thing - have you tried the Trying Out The Name thing at Starbucks etc with Niniane to gauge the reaction? (I can't remember which Berry suggested this, it could have even been you! But I have been doing it like crazy and its interesting!)
    Hi! I'm Hayley

Currrent Favourite Names:

Malin Winter ~ Cadence Louisa ~ Bryony Rose ~ Bronwen Coralie ~ Autumn Raine ~ Lakyn Wren ~ Temperance Rae ~ Tierney Dot ~

Tyne William Henry ~ Macaulay ~ Lorne ~ Tiernan ~ Logan ~ Lane ~ Deacon ~ Regan ~ [I]

Check out my honest blog on the highs & lows of pregnancy - Sparkles & Stretchmarks

By the way, I just had to say, I absolutely love your style. And I'm excited that one of these names is hopefully going to be used on your child!! (Illyria and Amoret are my favorites!)
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Theon Samuel Peregrin, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver