Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Some of your very unique names I've never heard of. I envy you for your insight to such unique quality for your little one. Please keep in mind though....peer pressure, because it is out there and getting worse every year. You want your little one to fit in, no matter how unique they are.

Amoret - Pretty....reminds me of LOVE in french
    Arcadia - No...reminds me of a video game place
    Beatrice - Not a good image to me...very Old Ladyish but it could have a cute nn.
    Berenice*
    Celeste - I like this one. Image of a bright and shiney face with a twinkle in her eye!
    Ceridwen*
    Circe*
    Constance*
    Eulalia - It reminds me of a musical instrument. Could have some teasing qualities.
    Eupheme or Euphemia - No, just no....
    Fiammetta - I like this one simply because it sounds so feminine. Fia is a pretty nn too.
    Genoveva - No
    Gwenllian - I like Gwen.
    Hemera - No - good hemeroid tease
    Hespera - Not great - Reminds me of a heavy person for some reason.
    Illyria*
    Lysandra - I like this one. It sounds like a prettier and more updated version of Sandra/Sandy
    Melisande - I think Millicent is much prettier
    Millaray - Nice, it sounds nice....
    Morgana*
    Niniane - I really love this! I adore the sound of it. I love the nn Nini (nee-nee) too!
    Oriana - Very nice! Could get Oreo for a nn though
    Oriel*
    Rosamund - Love this name too! Rosie for a nn is precious with the young set! Very cute!
    Roshana - No
    Solenne - This one is also pretty. It reminds me of a person with long dark hair, dark eyes and a beautiful voice!
    Soraya*
    Thalia*
    Villanelle*
    Yvaine - This name reminds me of someone who is a material girl when I first hear it.
    Zenobia - This sounds very celestial. I like it, but not sure why??

Just my opinion....from a teenberry.

flick: mmm, amaretto! Never thought of that link before... Thank you!

jessica: if I remember correctly that Celeste is quite crazy! Now she's all I see... (guilty pleasure for me and my girlfriends when we came home from boarding school for the weekend... watching DoOL!)

germygermy: OOh, I love your descriptions of Amoret, Arcadia, Eulalia, Fiammetta & Hespera!

danni: Melisande, Oriana, Yvaine and Gwenllian sound amazing!

frankie: Thanks for your comments and advice. There are so many weird names around now though, my boyfriend and I checked out a nursery the other day and half the names were very special, I think our little one will fit in.
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

I'm not great with imagery, but I'll tell you what first comes to mind when trying to imagine a bearer of the names:

Amoret - Glamourous but it does bring up Amoretto for me too.
    Arcadia - Like somebody else says, it reminds me of some video arcade and shopping arcade names - but focusing solely on the imagery, I imagine again a glamourous person, quite "Heirs and Graces".
    Beatrice - Makes me think of Princess Beatrice, so makes me think of somebody very regal if a little horsey. Beautiful name though!
    Berenice*
    Celeste - Whimsy, starry nights, dreamer.
    Ceridwen*
    Circe*
    Constance*
    Eulalia - It makes me think of a spoiled child, a negative child character in a story - a snooty older cousin or something. I have no idea why!
    Eupheme or Euphemia - Same as above.
    Fiammetta - Makes me think of Vienetta - again, no idea why but its the first thing that pops into my silly head!
    Genoveva - Beauty, Grace, Elegance
    Gwenllian - Bookish, interesting, quirky, unique
    Hemera - Elegance, nature, wind through the trees
    Hespera - Again nature, breathiness, pixie like
    Illyria*
    Lysandra - Conjures up a serpentine image for me, an unpleasantness :/ Annoying as I like the sound of the name
    Melisande - Whimsical, airy, natural beauty, graceful
    Millaray - Southern belle - no idea why, it just immediately makes me think of someone with a real southern twang!
    Morgana*
    Niniane - Pixie like, but I can't get past the Nini teasing potential
    Oriana - Graceful goddess, powerful
    Oriel*
    Rosamund - Beauty, spirited, stubborn, intelligent
    Roshana - Confident and bold personality
    Solenne - Bright and happy, feminine, elegant, life of the party
    Soraya*
    Thalia*
    Villanelle*
    Yvaine - An older person, conjures up vanity
    Zenobia - Reminds me of xenophobia too much :/ Makes me think of someone a little harsh

My Favourites:

Celeste
    Circe
    Hespera
    Illyria
    Melisande
    Rosamund
    Solenne
    Soraya

My Nos:

Eulalia
    Zenobia
    Eupheme/Euphemia
    Millaray
    Niniane
    Fiametta
    Hi! I'm Hayley

Currrent Favourite Names:

Malin Winter ~ Cadence Louisa ~ Bryony Rose ~ Bronwen Coralie ~ Autumn Raine ~ Lakyn Wren ~ Temperance Rae ~ Tierney Dot ~

Tyne William Henry ~ Macaulay ~ Lorne ~ Tiernan ~ Logan ~ Lane ~ Deacon ~ Regan ~ [I]

Check out my honest blog on the highs & lows of pregnancy - Sparkles & Stretchmarks

I would totally go with Beatrice-- but spelled Beatrix. :-)

Hayley, thank you! I forgot about Princess Beatrice. She's not that cute... I love how you described Melisande, Rosamund, Hespera, Celeste, Soraya and Solenne. Arcadia does sound like arcade... hmmm... Do you think Niniane could be an issue? I've never really heard anyone use the word ninny, at least not people under 65.

madi: I prefer Beatrice b/c of Beatrice Portinari, Dante's muse.
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014