Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The perfect nme doesn't exist

... or so it seems. We're looking for something unique but not too popular. My first choices would probably be Violet (too popular?), Felicity (too much of a mouthful?), and Autumn or Summer (don't work with our last name Mermer?). So we're stuck. Our DS is Julian and we feel it's just perfect, but we are unable to come up with one that feels like that this time.

I think that Julian and Violet sound great together! If you're worried about popularity maybe you could use Viola instead?
    Crushes: Casper & Isobel.

Hmm...here are some initial thoughts:
    Violet may be too popular considering that you want something more unusual.
    Felicity is definitely a mouthful, but I still love it and think it goes well with your last name!

Ideas:
    Adeline
    Adelaide
    Verity (Violet & Felicity...best of both worlds?)
    Laurel
    Linnea (LOVE this with your last name!)

Hmmm, I do like both Verity and Linnea. Will have to run them by DH. Thanks.

Hm, word names and refreshed vintage choices both go nicely with Julian. I am sure the right name is out there.

Do you feel that Julian is too popular? Have you met many other little Julians? Julian is ranked in the USA at #49. Violet is only ranked at #101. Unless you feel barraged by little neighbors or friends of Julian's named Violet, I wouldn't worry about the popularity if Julian's doesn't bother you either. Violet Mermer is LOVELY. And the pair would be so sweet! I also don't think that Felicity is too much of a mouthful. Felicity Mermer is gorgeous; it goes nicely with Julian and has plenty of nice nicknames to help with the length: Flicka, Fliss, Lissie, even Ellie. (Would you mind it being shortened, though? Because that does seem likely.) I agree with you that Autumn and Summer sound off with Mermer.

Other ideas:

VINTAGE NAMES
    Alice
    Augusta
    Beatrice/Beatrix
    Margaret (nn Daisy)
    Clara
    Laurel
    Imogen (nn Minnie, Gen, Midge)
    Louisa
    Eloise
    Rosalind