Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Frank or Francis as full name?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frank

16 41.03%
  • Francis

23 58.97%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Frank or Francis?

I think I've finally found a serious contender for my number two boys' spot (to go with hypothetical siblings Edmund, Annora and Verity)! He would be called Frank a lot either way, but I'm torn between whether I prefer Frank as just a nn for Francis or as the full name. I always lean towards the more formal version of a name, but Frank goes better with our surname than Francis and I think it stands alone well? I also worry about Francis being confused with Frances and maybe even teased. What do you think? Any feedback would be wonderful

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Wesley, Jonah, Gilbert, August, Winston, Hugh Theodore

I will probably be seriously considering this very question if I'm ever pregnant again! It's a family name for me.

If I had one, he would be Frankie almost all the time & maybe Frank as he got older. I think I would use Francis, but I think in this rare situation Frank is more dignified & modern. In a way it's a virtue name. It's a word name. It's very classic as well & vintage in a wholesome 50s way. I really don't know which is best.

I find that Francis flows better with most of the middles I like, but Frank sounds better with my surname. Maybe starting to experiment with combos will help.

Both are pretty solid. I also have the John/Jon/Jonathan debate with myself!!

Franklin?

I'm torn too. I think Frank stands alone pretty well though, so if it's your preference, I say do that.

Francis feels more like it belongs in your sibset, whereas to me Frank feels a little out of place. I think Franklin would be the perfect go though if you like it

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

Frank has a tough guy feel to me while Francis is a bit softer, though both are good names. I do agree that Francis pairs with Edmund a bit better. And I wouldn't fret about teasing too much. I know a Francis and he hasn't really had any trouble in that area.
    Personally I favor Frank for it's stronger sound, but using it for a nickname would also work well.
    Mama of two beautiful boys!

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
    So are the children of one’s youth.
    Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;
    ~Psalm 127:4-5a