Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Great, so how do I get the husband to go for Edmund?

Classic, as serious as Henry or James, literary cred, easy to say and spell, access to all the Ed/Ted/Ned NNs without being mistaken for big Twilight fan?

I love Edmund.

Does he like any of the nicknames for Edmund? Eddie, Ted/Teddy, Ned? That might help? I like Edmund a lot too, though I also really love Thomas. I know it's very traditional, but it, along with Robert, probably aren't used as much anymore in SW London classrooms as some of the more trendy names like Felix and Max. In some ways, they might be quite refreshing, especially Robert. Some other ideas: Rupert --a slightly more a quirky version of Robert? Bertie or Bo could be used as a nickname for Robert if that makes it more interesting. Dexter might be a good alternative to Felix -- same cool x sound, but not quite so pretentious. Good luck!

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 17th, 2014 at 09:01 PM.

@saracita: I like Edward, but it makes me think of Twilight, and I do NOT want anyone thinking I named my son after Edward Cullen. I know too many Jonathans. We've actually thought of Thaddeus, though I do wonder if it's more trendy than classic. It's further down our list, but definitely a possibility, along with Phineas.