Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Playful and Spunky or Over the Top and Tacky

Hello All!

I'm brand new to Nameberry but have been having a blast browsing through the site and getting inspiration. I don't currently have any children but I'm a newly-wed and am looking forward to starting a family. Like many of you on this site, I have had more than a mild interest (okay, boarderline obsession) with names, so the thought of naming my very own child is thrilling! I would describe my naming style as playful, spunky, cheery, quirky and definitely not-top-10.

I'd love to throw out my name list and get some feedback from everyone! Specifically, if you think any name on the list goes beyond playful and fun and is downright weird or silly.

A little background, I live in California and my last name starts with an 'H' and ends in 'son.' Does this rule out any names ending in '-on' '-en' '-in' or '-sen'? I'm running into trouble with many of the boy names I like ending with those sounds and the full name sounds too rhym -y.

Thougths? Also - I'd love any suggestions you might have!

Girls:
    Matilda, nn Tilly or Tilda (middle name possibilities are Jane, Violet, Valentine...?)
    Tallulah, nn Lilou (May, which is part of my maiden name)
    Felicity, nn Izzy
    Pepper
    Pippa (possibility of becoming too popular???)
    Ripley
    September
    Imogen, nn Immy (sounds like Emmy)
    Cecily
    Jubilee
    Petra
    Verity
    Ottilie

Girls middle names I love:
    Primrose
    Waverley
    Whimsy
    Mazarine
    Darling
    Sunshine

Boys:
    Asa
    Finnley (possibly too popular??? I only know one little boy with this name but it seems to be everywhere on this site!)
    Arlo
    Tennyson
    Cormac
    Dex or Dax
    Kieran, nn Kier
    Orrin
    Flynn
    Kellen
    Wilder
    Newly marrried, looking forward to starting a family!

Current favorites:
    Matilda, Tallulah, Felicity, Jubilee, Imogen, Cecily, Petra, January, Pippa, Lavender
    Asa, Kieran, Cormac, Arlo, Tennyson, Wilder, Kellen, Flynn, Milo, Leland, Roscoe