Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

thoughts on Astoria

A friend of a friend had a girl named Astoria nn Stori mn J@yne. Wdyt?

I am not a fan. Especially of the Y thrown in there with Jane which drags down a lovely & simple classic imo. Astoria is nms either. Place names aren't my thing & ones that try to sound hip/urban are at the bottom of the list for me.

I love it, though I wouldn't use it unless I was from there or had a special connection to the place. Jayne is actually a pretty common misspelling of Jane, so I'm pretty used to it. I'd say she did pretty well - it could have been something like Astarriah Jaynee
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Due December 13, 2014 (12/13/14) It's a boy!
    Castalia, Ailova, Vasilisa, Indrina, Ottilie, Rosmira, Calluna, Faustine, Hildana, Selenia, Alianora
    ... Alaric, Everest, Dashiell, Indio, Macsen, Jove, Hawthorn, Stellan, Rainier, Evander, Cillian, Casper

I've always liked Astoria because of Waldorf Astoria Cake (aka Red Velvet). Hate Story/Stori.

Jane is pretty dull to me but Jayne has some Hollywood sparkle due to Jayne Mansfield

Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Fox * Greer
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden

Astoria... It sounds so fairytale exotic, so verdant.. I can tell you that Astoria is really not what it promises to be. I would never in a bazillion years name my kid Astoria (being from Brooklyn) but I think the world needs more people with zany names. So I vote in favor of it, especially since she's already been named! More power to her.

Haha, I grew up in Astoria, Queens (NYC) so I could never imagine using it as a given name. But I guess without that strong connection it's usable. It's interesting, at least. Kind of pretty. Definitely a strong and memorable name. The nickname is cute but I'd like it better spelled Story.

I love Jane as a middle name.
    Adam
    Married to Billy, daddy to Noah (8) and Sophia (4).
    Hoping and praying for baby #3 within the next year:
    Boy: Jude Thomas
    Girl: Eliza Jane or Ramona Jane...maybe.

Help us decide?
    Find me on twitter.