Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on the name Elic?

I usually am attracted to classic names. My daugher's name is Julia and we have a boy on the way. I like Henry and Liam along with a few other names along that vein. My husband really likes Elic. His grandmother called his father (named Alexander) Elic. I can't even find this name on nameberry and I'm afraid it's a name we might need to explain/repeat a lot. Perhaps I'm too rigid in my name preferences. What are people's thoughts when they here this name?

*here=hear

My honest opinion is I think it would be a name misheard as Eric or Alec quite a bit, which would likely require a lot of repeating on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by greenieboo View Post
    I can't even find this name on nameberry and I'm afraid it's a name we might need to explain/repeat a lot.
    Unfortunately, this was my exact reaction to this name. I'm sorry! I like the back story and where you're going with it, but ultimately I believe it would be a mess. Alexander is a GREAT classic name. Alex and Alec could both be good compromises. Even Anders or Anderson could be a great way to honor that relative. My honest opinion would be to stay away from Elic and use something similar (Alec) or more traditional (Alexander, Anderson,) to honor that grandfather.
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Eve, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora, Fawn
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Casper, Leopold

Thanks! I think you both are right.