Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

What names go with Nathan and Maeva?

My DH and I have recently come to a conclusion about how we are going to name our future children. I have never LOVED the name Nathan (I like it), but my DH loves it because it's his late grandfather's name. Since we've met, 6 years ago, it's been growing on me. So I recently told him that our first born son's name should be Nathan, just like his grandfather. He was very pleased to say the least. His grandfather's name was Nathan Emil Derby, but went by Ned (his initials). We definitely want to use the same initials with the option of him going by Nate or Ned.

At this point, he likes Nathan Elliott Derby and I like Nathan Everett Derby. What do you think?

My intentional forfeit of our future son's name was done in order to get leverage when we have our future daughter. The name I want is Maeva. I absolutely love it. I discovered it in 2004 when I was studying abroad. My DH isn't sold on it yet, but I'm working on him. Mae would be an adorable nn. We both agree that Jade could be a possible alternative. What do you think?

What we need help with is alternate names. (In case we have 2 boys or two girls)

What boy and girl names go with Nathan (Nate, Ned) and Maeva (Mae)?
    Boys: Nathan, Everett, Truett, Pierce, Reed, Dex, Spencer
    Girls: Maeva, Jade, Ellery, Marlow, Leila, Margo, Norah, Vivian

I think both Nathan Elliott and Nathan Everett are great. Nathan(iel) Ezra has been on of my favourite combos for many years, so I just wanted to put that one out there, too

Maeva is very sweet, but I really don't care for Jade.

With Nathan (Nate/ Ned) and Maeva (Mae), these came to mind:
    Fiona
    Tess
    Briony/ Bryony
    Ardith
    June

Owen
    Tristan (eta: if you go with Ned as a nickname, I think Stan could work for Tristan. I like Ned and Stan together a lot. Very old-timey!)
    Rhys
    Callum
    Rowan
    Lucia
    Eleanora, Iluna, Iris, Sela, Seraphine
    Balthazar, Bastian, Caius, Felix, Gideon

I like Callum (Cal) a lot! Owen and Rowan I like, but my DH doesn't.

We have a dog named Reese, so Rhys is out! I have a nephew named Tristan, so that is out as well. (Too bad cause Stan is cute!)

Still having a hard time with girls names to go with Meava... What about Jade as a middle name? Maeva Jade?

With Nathan (Nate, Ned) and Maeva (Mae), (the full names and nn work great together btw):

Edith (Edie), Sadie, Anya, Eloise (Ellie, Lois), Francine (Francie), India, Cosette (Coco), Susannah (Zann, Susy), Margaux, Calliope (Callie), Esther, Cecily (CC)

Davis, Beau, Lachlan/Locke, Abraham/Abram/Bram, Gannon, Lawrence (Law, Rence), Kent/Kendrick, Jameson/James/Jess, Ramsey, Rourke

I like Margo (DH doesn't)... he said he could do Marlow instead. I really like Marlow as well. But is that weird having two names starting with M and one with N?

James is out, because it's my DH's name. We are not going to have a Jr. (plus, his mn is Nathan, so having a James Nathan and a Nathan Elliott/Everett wouldn't work.)

Also the names don't need nicknames. I would most likely call her Maeva, but some people might call her Mae.