Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help name our baby girl.

Hi nameberry community.
    I'm currently searching for names for our expected baby girl.
    I love Isla but my husband pointed out that it was actually big brothers name-Silas without the s on either end!
    I also love Sylvie but wondering if it sounds silly with our last name which ends with the ie sound.
    My possibles are
    Isla
    Sylvie
    Thea
    Lyla
    Violet
    Clara
    Scarlett
    Aria
    Lyra
    Mila
    Melody
    Also have family name of Estelle/Estella to consider as a possible choice or middle name?
    Any help or even name suggestions welcome!

Liesl/Liesel would be sweet w/Silas, and it has the sounds you seem to like.

You have a lot of lovely names on your list!

Considering your son's name, I am not fond of Isla, Lyla, Lyra, or Violet - they are nice names otherwise, but all have the long "I" sound in the first syllable and I feel like that makes them overly matchy with Silas.

Out of the rest, my favorites are Clara, Estelle, Melody, and Thea. All of those are absolutely beautiful and sound great with Silas.

If Isla is your favorite and you still want to use it, I like it as a middle. Melody Isla sounds very nice. Used as a middle, the name avoids sounding too much like Silas.

Other possibilities with Isla as a middle:

Charlotte Isla
    Natalie Isla
    Rose Isla (Silas and Rose sound awesome as siblings!!)

Good luck!

I'm crazy about the name Violet! I really like Clara too. I would do Violet Estella or Clara Estelle.

I really think Isla and Lyla are much too close to Silas to be considered options, too many "I" sounds!

Out of your other choices I really enjoy Estelle Sylvie or Sylvia Estelle (with Sylvia you can still use Sylvie as a nn and it may please your ears when said with your last name. I'm sure Sylvie Estelle would also sound fine. Unless it would end up being something similar to the very silly Lilly Gillies then I think you're fine!)

I think Stella could be an easy way to honor Estelle, with that in mind Stella Violet sounds nice enough. Violet works in nearly all of these names middle name spots, I think.

Some other combos I threw in with your choices are:

Thea Rosalie

Harper Violet/Harlow Violet

Clara Estelle

Aria Scarlett

Estelle Juliet

Good luck!!
    Smothering one fur baby, my darling dog Briony Ember

Peregrine, Evander, Kaius, Stellan, Cassius
    Beatrice, Hazel, Thisbe, Amoret