Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

modern middle for Theresa

So I've posted similar threads before but I'm still stuck. We're not expecting now (just miscarried actually) but hopefully will be again soon.

I know some see Theresa as dated but it's a long time favorite and given a chance I'm going to use it. Our last name is Tys0n. I'd be happy enough with Grace (a modern filler perhaps but that doesn't bother me) but I find the addition of a 3rd "s" sound to her name a little much.

I'm also trying to avoid a middle name beginning with a vowel as I'm not fond of how her initials would create a "word" like T.A.T.

If our last son had been a girl we were going to go with Theresa May but I've since learned that combo is the first and last name of a British politician. And honestly I like May as a nickname or first name but in the middle sometimes I find that it makes the full name sound like a sentence. Theresa may ?
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Future girl: Grace or Lucy
    Future boy: Peter Gregory

I am also a fan of Theresa (dated or not!). I love Tess, too. I was going to say Theresa Kate, but I see you already have a Katharine (great spelling choice, btw).

Theresa Maeve
    Theresa Faith
    Theresa June
    Theresa Jane
    Theresa Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by fairchild View Post
    I am also a fan of Theresa (dated or not!). I love Tess, too. I was going to say Theresa Kate, but I see you already have a Katharine (great spelling choice, btw).

Theresa Maeve
    Theresa Faith
    Theresa June
    Theresa Jane
    Theresa Pearl
    I like these. Hubby has mentioned liking Theresa June in the past so I'm thinking that would be his favorite. He doesn't like Pearl and I think T.P. isn't the best first and middle initials. I do think J. is a great middle initial. I like Jane more than my dh does. I'd even use it as a first if I hadn't used James already. I like the flow of Theresa Faith a lot and visually I like the repeating "th" at the beginning of Theresa and the end of Faith. I know some people don't like Theresa because it's too religious so I'm a bit hesitant to combine Theresa with Faith. I'm quite religious so it wouldn't raise any eyebrows in my circle but I'm also aware that my daughter may not be as religious as myself and not at all moments of her life.

Thanks a bunch...

Maybe...
    Theresa Helene
    Theresa Blair
    Theresa Celeste
    Theresa Louise
    Theresa Ruth

I'm sorry for your recent loss. :-( I think Theresa is a lovely name, and not used enough. I also like Esther for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by spunkiedoodle View Post
    Maybe...
    Theresa Helene
    Theresa Blair
    Theresa Celeste
    Theresa Louise
    Theresa Ruth

I'm sorry for your recent loss. :-( I think Theresa is a lovely name, and not used enough. I also like Esther for the same reason.
    Thanks for the sympathy. I felt like I should explain myself since before Christmas I started a few threads for a "real baby".

I like Theresa Ruth a lot and if I wasn't concerned about Theresa sounding dated that would probably be my first choice.