Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by emmabobemma View Post
    Roger that Pam. I really like the way you spell blithely "blythely." That's the sign of someone who is so focused on names that they start overtaking her vocabulary. I will endeavor (in ernest) to be respectful with these charlotte-annes.
    Ha, you made me laugh!
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Me too

L-Ike the onomastic Shannon-igans.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Haha. Nice try, blade.

Hello,

I really don't want to make a splash, as I'm not a regular here, but I did want to weigh in.

I fully understand wanting to have a reduced fakery on this site. You all seem to love this place very much and want to defend it's integrity. Bravo! It doesn't do anyone any favors to have made-up stories perpetrated here.

However, please, please, please, I implore you, be careful with your words and choose your accused very deliberately! As a doula, child birth educator professionally, and one who has been pregnant, postpartum and is currently pregnant personally, I can ASSURE you that pregnant and recently postpartum women, whom I assume are the majority of the transient members here, are very vulnerable emotionally.
    The other day I saw a poster accused of trolling because of an inconsistency in the spelling of her child's name in previous posts. I don't know this person from Adam, but she didn't sound like she was faking to me. She sounded like a mom who had doubts about her decision in names and wanted to present a spelling that was most accepted by this august crowd of name devotees. No one comes here to be told that they have bad taste.

Yesterday I received what felt like a sarcastic comment about the spacing of my children from someone I've noticed as a supporter of imposter outings. I felt I was being judged and subtly accused of fakery, especially since my youngest has an unusual name. The comment was not only incorrect but since the poster didn't mention where they had gotten this information about my family I was a little shocked -- in retrospect my guess is that it was extrapolated from the date my daughter's birth announcement was posted. I do want to be perfectly frank and note that this would have been no big deal to me if child spacing wasn't already an issue that I'm deeply self-conscious about for both myself and other parents (see emotional!!) and feel has little bearing on name choices whatsoever.

Really, if you are going to be posting on anonymous internet forums you need to grow a few layers of skin, but childbearing women lay it all on the line right now. If you have doubts about legitimacy please consider a private message to the poster, or have some code word to alert other "core members" and admins so they can be watchful also. I'm not sure any outing should be done in the public forum, if only on the off chance that they could be telling the truth.

I do want to take just a little more space (blah blah blah - sorry!) and thank those who have given me kind feedback in the past, especially when I first joined and was feeling secret but severe doubt about the appropriateness of my daughter's name. I have already gotten some wonderfully thoughtful suggestions for this next baby.

Thank you!

You're clearly referring to me in your post and I wanted to say that I was not implying you were a faker at all. I was referring to the close spacing and was going to reply to your response with a comment about how lovely a close spacing is (my brother and I are a year and a half apart). I wasn't being sarcastic in the slightest and I think you're being over-sensitive about the topic. I do apologise for offending you, however, as it was not my intention.

I disagree with you though - people who are very clearly faking should be called out.
    cassia | vivian | flora
    peregrine | jolyon | arthur