Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks for your responses everyone!
    And Mischa, your categorizations there were really helpful. I hadn't really thought about the fact that the ending sound may make the sibset with Rayhan match up a little strange. And the names from your last list there are amongst the upper echelon of my favorites, so I'm glad to see that you think they may match up well with Rayhan.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

From your list the ones I like the best are:
    Emmett, Saul, Callum, Ansel, Miles, and Ronen. They seem the most useable from your list. While I like some of the other names you have on your list I think some of them would prove difficult for others to pronounce and your child would constantly be correcting people.

My favorite is Aza. That name has really been on my mind lately. I just love it!

I also like
    Conrad
    Saul
    Altair

They are such stellar names!

My favorites are the following,

Emmett
    Conrad
    Saul
    Callum
    Thaddeus
    Castor
    Miles
    Myron
    Altair
    Evander
    Asa
    Sylvan

I'd suggest: Everard, Bartholomew, or Rainier
    Good luck,
    Leigh

Married to my high school sweetheart
    Mother to Charles Nathaniel aka Charlie [1.26.09]
    Baby due [3.17.13]

out of curiosity, do you think most of your favorites (i.e Emmerich or Thaddeus) are easily pronounceable in China, and by your wife's family? Always a tough consideration in cross-cultural marriages.

It's too bad you want to move away from Eastern-influenced names, because I think Zamir, or Mirza, would be perfect. Riad (much more common form of Riaz, which is a false plural in Arabic) is lovely too, meaning 'garden,' but it sounds a bit like the capital of Saudi Arabia.

I think the -an/-en ending names aren't necessarily a dealbreaker, save Ronen. That's far too close to Rayhan.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq