Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Oswin?

Oswin?

Do you like this name? I've got a few comments about Doctor Who, but I don't see why that would be a big deal.
    Matilda, Beatrix, Lucille, Margo, Ivy, Guinevere, Isadora, Violet, Ada, Alice, Hermione, Cora, Elizabeth, Flora, Olive, Sybil, Isolde
    Felix, Henry, Ambrose, Darcy, Asa, Ezra, August, Oscar, Theodore, Edward, Clark, Arthur, Jasper, Winston, Percival

I don't keep up with Doctor Who so it doesn't faze me. I love name for its meaning "divine friend". I think it's a good alternative to the more popular Oscar which I love too. You may also like Osbert (divine and bright), Osmar (divine and marvelous), Osred (divine adviser) and Osric (divine ruler). Gotta love the Ozzies!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I think it's cool!

People who watch Doctor Who now probably connect the name more with a girl than a boy, but this would probably only be a problem if you live in a place where a lot of people watch the show. If I saw a kid some years from now with the name I would probably think the parents were fans of the show.

I love it, and the Doctor Who connection doesn't bother me (though I do watch the show). I think it's quirky and has great nn options.
    Silas ~ Gideon ~ Lincoln ~ Ezekiel ~ Malachi ~ Samuel ~ Ezra ~ Charlie ~ Gabriel ~ Elliott
    Maisie ~ Sophie ~ Naomi ~ Willa ~ Evangeline ~ Freya ~ Vivienne ~ Nora ~ Josephine ~ Daphne